Home

FIFA 21 Next-Gen Available Today - Let's Hear Your Impressions!

This is a discussion on FIFA 21 Next-Gen Available Today - Let's Hear Your Impressions! within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2020, 12:13 AM   #49
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: FIFA 21 Next-Gen Available Today - Let's Hear Your Impressions!

As a pes player, this game still kinda sucks. Just feels so unnatural and canned. Def better than last generation, and looks pretty good, but not at PES 21 level. Not even close IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-04-2020, 12:33 AM   #50
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8

I didn't get my series x yet just wanted to ask you guys a quick question. If you have ea access do you get the next gen upgrade automatically when playing a game from the vault?
Old 12-04-2020, 01:11 AM   #51
Rookie

kyle42atncsu's Arena

OVR: 0

Your EA vault games (and previously owned games under your Xbox Live account) will be available to download onto your new Series X when you first boot it up and login. The only true next gen EA Sports games are Madden 21 and FIFA 21 for now, and you have to own them first to get the next gen upgrade for free through their dual-entitlement program.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2020, 02:23 AM   #52
Rookie

pistonica's Arena

OVR: 4

Can someone tell me how to get the upgraded version on ps5?
I have the game on the disk..i inserted the disk..and it will install the ps4 version. When the disk is in, in the right part of the screen it appears the logo of fifa 21 but it sais 59.99 euros. I searched it and i cannot find the ps5 version ( i watched a lot of videos on YT and for me it doesnt show up).

I tried instaling the ps4 version in the hope that afterwards i can upgrade it, but it shows me the same thing, it tells me to buy the game, and nowhere it shows the ps5 version.

I want to know the steps for an upgrade with a disk in. Do i have to install, do i have to search it with the disk?

Thanks

Madden 22 with Cleveland Browns
NHL 22 with Las Vegas Golden Knights
NBA 2k22 with Golden State Warriors
FIFA 22 with FC Barcelona
Old 12-04-2020, 02:56 AM   #53
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: FIFA 21 Next-gen update now out on Xbox Series S|X (And PS5 Now Too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
in what way? Good? I have it on PC, but without mods this year (as of yet) I was contemplating getting it on PS5.
FYI....there are mods now for the PC.
Old 12-04-2020, 07:53 AM   #54
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistonica
Can someone tell me how to get the upgraded version on ps5?
I have the game on the disk..i inserted the disk..and it will install the ps4 version. When the disk is in, in the right part of the screen it appears the logo of fifa 21 but it sais 59.99 euros. I searched it and i cannot find the ps5 version ( i watched a lot of videos on YT and for me it doesnt show up).

I tried instaling the ps4 version in the hope that afterwards i can upgrade it, but it shows me the same thing, it tells me to buy the game, and nowhere it shows the ps5 version.

I want to know the steps for an upgrade with a disk in. Do i have to install, do i have to search it with the disk?

Thanks
I did it with a disc, but it sounds like that way didn't work for you. I literally just went down into that next set of panels (away from the game bar where you pick the game to play) where there was a large FIFA graphic, and then on the right part of the screen there was a "free upgrade" or something like that button to click. I "purchased" the PS5 version for $0 dollars since obviously already owned the game/had disc in, and was off to the races.
Old 12-04-2020, 08:35 AM   #55
No Official License

Inhocmark's Arena

OVR: 4

I've been playing the PS5 version for a bit overnight. So it isn't a huge leap forward as far as the gameplay goes but that shouldn't surprise anybody. That being said there is a lot to like (beyond the fact I only had to pay for the game once):

- The new camera angle. I didn't like it my first few matches but then it grew on me. Once I'm completely used to the slight angle changes it may be my favourite angle. It just does a fantastic job of showing a huge chunk of the screen and the movement around the ball.

-Combine the above with some of the new off the ball AI stuff they were talking about and it feels like there is more going on. Nothing has changed but seeing the streaking winger actively stop and stutter backwards trying to get back onside or the waving of a guy who has sprung free is begging for that through ball. The game feels slightly more alive.

-The Haptic Feedback: Still trying to figure out how they are applying this, but it appears to kick in when a player is tired or when they're at the end of a big sprint, being connected with and even when there are direction changes. On a few closing down sprints with VVD I was already feeling a tougher trigger in some cases in the first half. Part of me wonders if slower players are given a tighter trigger by default. Here is the big takeaway: There should be no visceral connection between those trigger buttons and the speed on screen. It's not a gun or something a first party character is touching but strangely enough it seems to have a positive effect. I sense a tired player and it translates to my perception. I am also enjoying the mild feedback you get on ball strikes.

-Load times are insane. They've also used those menu cards really well. Instead of starting the game I go to the Career Mode card hit X and 10-15 seconds total I'm in my career and ready to go. Loads to games are out of games is instant. Career set up took about 20 seconds. That right there is amazing.

The one negative so far I have, although I haven't been able to recreate it, and it is something I've NEVER seen in FIFA was during a goal mouth scramble in the default Liverpool / PSG game while the rest of the game was being downloaded I had a downright massive framerate drop to basically 0. The action paused for a moment and juttered back into life. Hopefully it was due to the downloading.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2020, 09:56 AM   #56
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

The adaptive triggers are not done well at all. I don’t even know what they’re doing in this game. I thought it had to do w stamina, but random players have that trigger mechanism when running. It’s a bit frustrating, and I didn’t see where I could disable them.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »