Home

Lineup jumbles when changing tactics

This is a discussion on Lineup jumbles when changing tactics within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-22-2021, 03:16 PM   #9
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Lineup jumbles when changing tactics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seancefc
My point is it’s working as designed. I’d agree the design itself is flawed but each tactic setting allows for separate formations etc. so it sort of makes sense the player positions being independent for each setting.

It literally takes 5 mins to put your players where you want them at the start of a save…no big deal once you know how it works.
And my point is no, I do not think this is how it's supposed to be working. Unless I'm missing something, it makes no sense whereas we didn't have this problem until, I forget, last year maybe.

And while I hear what you're saying about potentially having different formations on each team sheet, which I have for several of my setups, all CPU teams only have one formation so it's a bit odd to then assume the system is built for multiple formations. If anything, the system has gotten worse for setups with multiple formations.

For someone who is constantly tweaking setups and tactics, it's not so simple as just putting players in the right spot at the beginning of the save and you're good to go. Maybe I'm missing something here but it's a massive source of frustration for me and seems a common complaint...
Old 11-22-2021, 04:39 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz
And my point is no, I do not think this is how it's supposed to be working. Unless I'm missing something, it makes no sense whereas we didn't have this problem until, I forget, last year maybe.

And while I hear what you're saying about potentially having different formations on each team sheet, which I have for several of my setups, all CPU teams only have one formation so it's a bit odd to then assume the system is built for multiple formations. If anything, the system has gotten worse for setups with multiple formations.

For someone who is constantly tweaking setups and tactics, it's not so simple as just putting players in the right spot at the beginning of the save and you're good to go. Maybe I'm missing something here but it's a massive source of frustration for me and seems a common complaint...
It absolutely is working as intended, and it isn't a bug. I got frustrated with this at first too but it makes sense that changes only apply to one setting.

If you swap your wingers on Neutral only, they won't switch for all other settings. So if you switch in game, the wingers will swap sides.

It's just from changing your line up on the Neutral team but not applying the same changes to all settings.
Old 11-23-2021, 09:27 AM   #11
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
It absolutely is working as intended, and it isn't a bug. I got frustrated with this at first too but it makes sense that changes only apply to one setting.

If you swap your wingers on Neutral only, they won't switch for all other settings. So if you switch in game, the wingers will swap sides.

It's just from changing your line up on the Neutral team but not applying the same changes to all settings.
Just curious, how do you know this is intended? I don't recall ever hearing of this change from EA and this isn't how it used to be, while there's no shortage of complaints going around related to this...

Regardless, like OP said, intentional or not we're now required to spend a lot more time updating team sheets, especially with how much more important formations and tactics are now, and it's tedious as all hell. And if it was really intended that we'd now need to update all five setups when just making a sub, well talk about an awful change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2021, 03:43 PM   #12
CSL
Pro

OVR: 8

This has always been the case/isn't some kind of bug. Unless you're playing the same starting 11 for every game with all the players in the exact same position, you're going to have players out of position when switching between attacking/defensive unless you check/change them before the game when picking your team. It can be frustrating when you forget to do it and switch tactics during the game and notice your CDM is now on the left wing but other than that, I don't really see what the issue is.
Old 11-23-2021, 07:48 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
I'd counter and say it absolutely is an issue, but like you described it's not without a work around. It's just super tedious and frustrating. Team Sheet tactical system is a mess.
The biggest reason it happens is that people change formations without regard for the positions or secondary positions the players can play. A CAM might go to LM or ST if you switch to a formation with only CMs.

But sure, the game should just assume you want a guy out of position.
Old 11-24-2021, 03:49 PM   #14
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
The biggest reason it happens is that people change formations without regard for the positions or secondary positions the players can play. A CAM might go to LM or ST if you switch to a formation with only CMs.

But sure, the game should just assume you want a guy out of position.
Do we really think the game is smart enough to do this though
Old 11-24-2021, 10:08 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Just curious, how do you know this is intended? I don't recall ever hearing of this change from EA and this isn't how it used to be, while there's no shortage of complaints going around related to this...

Regardless, like OP said, intentional or not we're now required to spend a lot more time updating team sheets, especially with how much more important formations and tactics are now, and it's tedious as all hell. And if it was really intended that we'd now need to update all five setups when just making a sub, well talk about an awful change.
Then do not change formations from what you start with. That's the default.

And when I am considering changes, I go into the tab for the setting I plan to use, and verify I have the players for the formation I want to use. When I change my attacking and defensive formations, I try to make the compatible with my default.

For my franchise, I know I have a CDM and a CAM on my bench. So I choose formations that use them, because when I sub in game, I know who I will be looking for most of the time.

If I get creative, yes, I check all my positions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2021, 09:35 AM   #16
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Then do not change formations from what you start with. That's the default.

And when I am considering changes, I go into the tab for the setting I plan to use, and verify I have the players for the formation I want to use. When I change my attacking and defensive formations, I try to make the compatible with my default.

For my franchise, I know I have a CDM and a CAM on my bench. So I choose formations that use them, because when I sub in game, I know who I will be looking for most of the time.

If I get creative, yes, I check all my positions.
With all due respect, you completely ignored my question. I'm not asking for solutions - I understand this can be mitigated.

But this system was developed with FUT in mind, where no one plays the same formation on all setups and that's not expected, loads of people have complained about this issue, I think everyone agrees it's too tedious right now - especially when playing shorter online matches - and I see no reason to think this isn't anything but another of the multitude of examples of a feature not working correctly in this game right now.

If this is really an okay system to you, then we'll just have to agree to disagree bc IMO the current team sheet system is a mess and isn't anywhere near what it needs to be considering how important formations/tactics/instructions have become. To each's own though, cheers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »