Home

Cost of Adidas update thing

This is a discussion on Cost of Adidas update thing within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2008, 08:12 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 17
Cost of Adidas update thing

The live update system how much does it cost
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2008, 08:32 PM   #2
daz
Rookie

daz's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Cost of Adidas update thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
The live update system how much does it cost
You get one league free with the code from book. Additional teams are 560 MSP or 1600 for all the leagues they offer, which is 5 or 6 total. I can't exactly remember.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:48 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 12

Do they have regular roster updates, which reflect the latest transfers?

Or is the only way to get the most updated rosters through this Adidas thing?
Old 10-16-2008, 09:40 AM   #4
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81
Do they have regular roster updates, which reflect the latest transfers?

Or is the only way to get the most updated rosters through this Adidas thing?
EA said when announcing the Live Season feature that they will still put out squad updates. The current rosters look pretty up-to-date, so perhaps they had one out to clean up the late window moves. They'll do another one after the January window. Since you cannot save the Live rosters for offline play (they can only be used when connected to the EA servers & in Play Now, Quick Ranked and Interactive Leagues), they do not replace the [free] squad update...
Old 10-16-2008, 11:11 AM   #5
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

can someone explain to me what this Adidas thing is?

you have to purchase it separately through the marketplace or something?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2008, 11:57 AM   #6
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
can someone explain to me what this Adidas thing is?

you have to purchase it separately through the marketplace or something?

From the official EA press release/announcement:

Quote:
EA UNVEILS NEW ADIDAS LIVE SEASON FOR FIFA 09 THAT WILL DYNAMICALLY UPDATE PLAYER FORM IN-GAME TO MIRROR REAL WORLD PERFORMANCE

GUILDFORD, UK. – August 20, 2008 – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced a new premium service for EA SPORTS™ FIFA 09 called adidas Live Season that will redefine the football videogame experience by dynamically updating player form in-game on a weekly basis so that player attributes mirror real-world performances. FIFA 09 will now feel and play differently throughout the entire 2008-2009 season matching the weekly rhythm of football. The new service will be available for Barclay’s Premier League, La Liga BBVA, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, Serie A and Mexican Primera Division on the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and PC.

FIFA 09 is now powered with dynamic real-world data and analytics, lifting the game to new heights of authenticity for football fans and gamers connected online. The adidas Live Season service is based on how real players performed in the most recent real-world matches. Gameplay will change dynamically as the performance of players and football teams in the real world experience the highs and lows during their campaigns.

“This is an ambitious and completely unique feature that has never been attempted before for football videogames,” said Andrew Wilson, Vice President & Executive Producer for the franchise. “The game will feel and play differently each week. With adidas Live Season if Ronaldinho has a great match on the weekend you’ll feel the difference when you pick up the controller as his in-game attributes increase.”

A global network of football scouts will monitor every player in the adidas Live Season leagues throughout the season to supply accurate and in-depth player and team data each week. Player attributes will be impacted and player performance will change dynamically. The adidas Live Season service is downloaded into FIFA 09 each week and will run from the launch of the game to the end of the 2008-2009 season. Gamers will have access to one league of their choice for a free* trial from the moment they activate it to the end of the 2008-2009 season.

Long story short, EA will update player form (ratings) after each weeks games based on recent results for use in Play Now, Quick Ranked and Interactive League play. You get one (of six) leagues for free by using the code of the back of the game manual. It's 500-some MS points for individual leagues or you can get them all for 1600. You can't save the Live rosters as you can with squad updates; you have to be connected to the EA servers to use them.

I did the EPL for my freebie and used Arsenal in a play now game against Hull. Several players had overalls 5 or so points higher (didn't check individual attributes) and some were lowered as much. They even "borrowed" the form arrow scheme used in WE/PES to indicate changes from the default. From what I could see of Hull, they nearly all had a boost and they gave me a very tough game, which would be in line with their recent form. I know a few Sp*rs fans have said that their ratings are rubbish right now, which also would also make sense.

I was a bit disappointed to see that injured players (Eduardo, Rosicky in this case) were not lowered to the point that someone would necessarily have to avoid using them. I thought EA said that that would be the case. Rosicky was a 79 in the Live roster (normally low to mid 80s), which was the same rating as Van Persie. Now I didn't check individual attributes as I said, so perhaps Rosicky & Eduardo both were dropped to 50 speed since they both have leg injuries, which would make them quite unusable.

Overall, it seems like a cool idea, but since it only applies to certain game modes that I don't really play, I doubt that I'll buy any additional leagues. But if you like to play quick ranked games, interactive leagues or play now matches, it might be up your alley...
Old 10-16-2008, 12:37 PM   #7
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

so then this basically just controls player ratings and doesnt change lineups, or formations at all and is only used online for the most part?
Old 10-16-2008, 01:28 PM   #8
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
so then this basically just controls player ratings and doesnt change lineups, or formations at all and is only used online for the most part?
More or less, yes. I don't think it changes the lineup/formation, but I'm not 100% sure on that. You can use the Live rosters in play now (exhibition) matches in addition to online quick ranked & interactive league games. As I said before, if you're like me and play mostly manager mode, custom unranked & OTP, then it's probably not worth the investment. But if you play the other online modes or like to play exhibition games that mirror the real fixtures, then it would be cool...

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »