Home

FIFA 09 Patch Update Notes!

This is a discussion on FIFA 09 Patch Update Notes! within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2008, 09:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
FIFA 09 Patch Update Notes!

Not sure if you've seen this in EA forums. A patch is going to be released for FIFA 09. Read on!

We are pleased to announce a game update for FIFA 09 on Xbox360 and PS3, hopefully arriving sometime next week. In line with community feedback, we have spent time improving the gameplay experience and addressed the following problems:

- Fixed side-stepping issue on lofted through balls
Fixing the issue where a player sidesteps when trying to control a lofted through ball instead of running straight onto it and controlling it, was a top priority for the EAC development team. We’re happy to say that the team at EAC has been able to fix this problem and it will be included in the game update.

- Improved advantage rule: fixed goals being called back for free kicks
There was a problem in the advantage rule whereby the referee would call back a goal if it was scored when the advantage was being played. Instead the referee would give a FK or a PK to the fouled player. This issue has been resolved in the game update. Goals that are going in when a foul is committed will count when they score.

- Improved number assigning in Manager Mode
When signing a player in Manager Mode the player now makes a more sensible decision, based on this position, on which number he would like, whereas previously he would always take the number 2.

- Allowed up to 8 user-controlled teams in Tournament Mode
After installing the game update it will be possible to play in Tournament Mode with up to 8 user-controlled teams. This gives the option to host bigger events with your friends to compete in offline-tournaments. Have fun!

- Removed ability to bring custom teams into Online ranked matches
Everybody has the option to transfer players in his favorite team and create his own custom dream team. This is an option we want to offer everybody to enjoy the feeling of creating own teams and play matches online or offline. When it comes to ranked competitive online matches we think only real teams should compete against each other to keep everybody’s chances even. So with the update it is no longer possible to enter a ranked match with a custom created team. You will still be able to upload your customized team online as in customized starting line-up with the existing players of that team’s roster

- Fixed Stadium 23.Maj lag issue
We fixed a major frame rate issue in 23.Maj stadium.

- Fixed join issue in Online Team Play Lobbies
A game hang issue occurred during search for available OTP game sections within the lobby rooms has been resolved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2008, 12:27 AM   #2
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: FIFA 09 Patch Update Notes!

Glad they addressed the first two items, but I wish they would have just given us the ability to change numbers manually. At least they changed it so not every new guy takes the number two. I really wish that this list would have included "AI will now adjust its lineup in MM to account for fatigue & best XI". I know we've known since the community event that this wouldn't happen, but for acquired players to rot on the AI's bench is inexcusable and would have a 57 page thread in some of the other forums (not that that's a good thing)...
Old 11-16-2008, 06:02 PM   #3
Rookie

stench96's Arena

OVR: 12

glad to see they're gunna fix the side step,it's cost me lots of goals.same with the advantage rule fix.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:17 PM   #4
AB>

Moses Shuttlesworth's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm so happy they fixed the side-step glitch. But it didn't just happen on lofted through balls...did it?
Old 11-17-2008, 09:06 AM   #5
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Shuttlesworth
I'm so happy they fixed the side-step glitch. But it didn't just happen on lofted through balls...did it?
nope - it happens on ALL through balls... we will see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2008, 10:07 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle
nope - it happens on ALL through balls... we will see.
Yeah, that’s my concern as well. Seems too specific a statement to address all the shuffling problems.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:56 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Too bad they can't fix the fact the computer shoots from ridiculous distances. Tired of having the computer shoot 30 times a game.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:00 AM   #8
Rookie

Abar22's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm amazed that the BAP player glitch wasn't in the first patch. I'm also amazed that I don't see more complaints about it. When teammates serve a suspension in BAP they disappear for what seems to be the rest of the season. I had to stop the mode altogether because I had like 4 starters missing just 2/3rds of the way through the first season. Why wouldn't mode ruining glitches get first priority?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »