Home

Old 11-25-2008, 08:27 AM   #17
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: It's over

yall sound like how i sounded with madden 09 2 months ago before i traded that garbage in...

i am not going to tell you keep at it because i know the feeling of disgust in a sports game (madden 09)

but it will be dead around here with you lads moving on, lets hope fifa 2010 is good.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:42 AM   #18
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyBanana

Are you going to go without a soccer game now?
No CB, I'm sticking with PES 2009. It's far from perfect, but the game play and Manager Mode is MUCH better than FIFA IMO. Throw in the CL licensing (I like playing tournaments) and FIFA is history.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:54 PM   #19
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
No CB, I'm sticking with PES 2009. It's far from perfect, but the game play and Manager Mode is MUCH better than FIFA IMO. Throw in the CL licensing (I like playing tournaments) and FIFA is history.
i think i will give PES manager mode a try then...
Old 11-25-2008, 05:08 PM   #20
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

I'll probably give it a go after the holidays. Gonna stick with FIFA right now with money being tight and all.

I think FIFA plays better in Tournament, Exhibition, and Online than it does in MM, which is enough for me right now I guess.

Twitch Stream
Old 11-26-2008, 12:36 AM   #21
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
...the defenders standing around even though I'm at Double aggression, my players waiting for passes and allowing the CPU to take them...

...PRO level is easy and boring(even with MANUAL settings), WC is unplayable because of the cutbacks(layoff sprint and the CPU runs past you, hold sprint down and they unrealistically cut back) and insane amount of CPU shots (I've edited the Shooting slider to 5), and MM is another disgrace...
These are the two biggest issues: poor teammate AI, and inconsistent play across difficulty levels. I can still get some good games on PRO with manual controls, but there just isn't any leeway.

Be A Pro Seasons mode has salvaged this game for me. The teammate AI is much better, and you can't dominate PRO difficulty like you normally would.

I really hope they are doing one of two things for future versions: programming the game better, or adding some advanced slider settings so we can attempt to smooth over any programming deficiencies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2008, 02:42 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 17

After putting in a pretty decent time with PES...because I wanted to make sure I wasn't giving up on FIFA too soon.

I can say that PES isn't anything great.

As I play PES, I'm yelling at the the CPU to go forward and attack. All it does is play ping pong.

The problem with FIFA is that due to the tempo of tactics some teams just play football on acid. You can't really slow them down.

The problem with PES is that every team plays the same with the star players almost unstoppable. There isn't really soccer being played because the AI doesn't set up it's offense. The whole point of holding the ball is to allow for player to go forward. Instead the AI doesn't make proper runs and it doesn't really try to create offense by doing a ton of 1-2s.

Now FIFA isn't perfect. It still isn't as good regarding the variety of goals. Long shots are impossible because the Gks are too good. In PES it feels right, though the GKs might be a bit on the poor side.

But all this harping on FIFA is pretty much warranted because of the fact that PES isn't more realistic, it's just slower for the sake of being slower.

PES is also a ground game with far too many passes on the floor.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:06 PM   #23
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
After putting in a pretty decent time with PES...because I wanted to make sure I wasn't giving up on FIFA too soon.

I can say that PES isn't anything great.

As I play PES, I'm yelling at the the CPU to go forward and attack. All it does is play ping pong.

The problem with FIFA is that due to the tempo of tactics some teams just play football on acid. You can't really slow them down.

The problem with PES is that every team plays the same with the star players almost unstoppable. There isn't really soccer being played because the AI doesn't set up it's offense. The whole point of holding the ball is to allow for player to go forward. Instead the AI doesn't make proper runs and it doesn't really try to create offense by doing a ton of 1-2s.

Now FIFA isn't perfect. It still isn't as good regarding the variety of goals. Long shots are impossible because the Gks are too good. In PES it feels right, though the GKs might be a bit on the poor side.

But all this harping on FIFA is pretty much warranted because of the fact that PES isn't more realistic, it's just slower for the sake of being slower.

PES is also a ground game with far too many passes on the floor.
I wouldn't say long shots are impossible in FIFA. They don't happen nearly as often as they do in reality but not impossible. Try holding the right bumper while charging the shot meter. You could also try a driving shot. I've had a few long goals from well outside the box by doing this.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:57 PM   #24
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

I actually got to watch some good matches on TV this weekend, and I have no idea where realism fits with Fifa. In Fifa 09, you have 2 seconds with the ball anywhere on the pitch before being closed down. I feel like an NFL quarterback sometimes. Count to 3 and pass the ball or you're dead.

It is like being run down by a pack of wild dogs. They just never tire and never change.

There is no possession and no moving into space. It is pass the ball left/right or look for the through ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »