Home

Pressure online in fifa09

This is a discussion on Pressure online in fifa09 within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2009, 05:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Pressure online in fifa09

Hello,

I am an average online fifa09 player. I loose some I win some. But lately when I have been playing ranked matches I face opponents who pressure me and I seem to have no response.

When I pass the ball my receiving player is allready covered by a defender. I do not have any time at all. On the other hand my oppnent has all the time in the world to pass the ball around to his players. Further the opposing defenders are all moved up to the midfield line.

does anybody know a countermeasuere to this tactics. Thes ones using it seems to be very good players..

any help would be appreciated and I hope you know what I am talking about...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2009, 09:33 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: Pressure online in fifa09

i know exactly what you speak of, and it pisses me off too

i like to play a quick passing game but i cant without being intercepted almost immediately, thus i am forced to have to play the long balls in and hope for the best
Old 02-18-2009, 01:32 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrygiterdone
i know exactly what you speak of, and it pisses me off too

i like to play a quick passing game but i cant without being intercepted almost immediately, thus i am forced to have to play the long balls in and hope for the best
I found this thread over at the official fifa forum:
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/f...e-changes.html

Seems to something about cheasy opponents putting pressure and aggression up to max or something. I felt cheated and the online experience seems ruined when you are facing cheese play like this...
Old 02-18-2009, 12:46 PM   #4
Rookie

Fluffhead's Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah, a lot of the online players play "balls to the wall" style with every one of their players sprinting non stop. It would be awesome if fatigue played more of a factor than it currently does and I don't know, try to resemble the actual game. Don't get me wrong, the occasional sprint / hyper agression is fine, but you shouldn't be able to do this the entire game without some sort of penalty.

Speed kills in this game, just like NCAA football. You can almost erase all other attributes on the players as speed ultimately is the main source of success.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:49 PM   #5
#ZOMBIENATION

Tomasperez9's Arena

OVR: 23

Try playing balls over the top to your striker or down the wings as much as possible. It pisses me off that I am forced to play this way, but it does work. Work the ball back to the keeper if necessary, as he won't be covered by a defender, pass to a fullback, and move the ball down the wing or play a LB+Y high lob over the top of the defense. When the defenders push up that much there will be a lot of space behind the defenders to exploit.

We are the Union; Join or Die.
Sons of Ben 'til I die!

Don't Tread on Me
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »