Home

How do I fix friendly AI?

This is a discussion on How do I fix friendly AI? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2009, 01:48 PM   #1
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
How do I fix friendly AI?

I know it has to work because my AI teammates in BAP mode are great. However, when I play UT mode and anything where I control the entire team I am constantly getting burned by idiotic teammates.

1) teammates that don't go after the pass while defenders do
2) teammates that stand by and watch everyone else going to a loose ball
3) teammates that turn away from the action
4) teammates that don't defend in the box. I cannot tell you how many goals I've given up to headers from a cross when the guy was surrounded...while on the flip side I cannot get near a cross like that
5) having two guys surrounding someone in the box and he is still able to score because nobody on my team does anything but watch...which is the opposite of when I have the ball in the box and every opponent is grabbing my shirt.

I have my player selection turned all the way down (manual) ...even though I find it annoying that it isn't completely manual and will switch without warning when you least want it. I am also annoyed that I never get the guy closest to the ball...it seems to be a lottory when selecting players.

So...is there a slider or setting I can use to make my AI players play like the opponent AI or even my friendly AI from BAP modes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 06:26 PM   #2
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: How do I fix friendly AI?

nope nothing you can do!!!!!

and thats why most of our copies are at gamestop.

they figure if they give us smarter AI it will be horrible for online play.

most players would not buy the game, it has to be stupid in order for them to find space to run the entire pitch with rooney or ronaldo.

smarter teammates means a slower game with few shots and thats the number one reason most people dont like football, they claim it not fast enough so EA listened and gave us dummies so there can be some action with little effort
Old 04-06-2009, 08:20 PM   #3
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22

I happen to like this game alot. I see some faults.. but overall its alot of fun. I prefer it to PES that I have played over the years and this Fifa version is the only one that I can say that about.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:54 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
I know it has to work because my AI teammates in BAP mode are great. However, when I play UT mode and anything where I control the entire team I am constantly getting burned by idiotic teammates.

1) teammates that don't go after the pass while defenders do
2) teammates that stand by and watch everyone else going to a loose ball
3) teammates that turn away from the action
4) teammates that don't defend in the box. I cannot tell you how many goals I've given up to headers from a cross when the guy was surrounded...while on the flip side I cannot get near a cross like that
5) having two guys surrounding someone in the box and he is still able to score because nobody on my team does anything but watch...which is the opposite of when I have the ball in the box and every opponent is grabbing my shirt.

I have my player selection turned all the way down (manual) ...even though I find it annoying that it isn't completely manual and will switch without warning when you least want it. I am also annoyed that I never get the guy closest to the ball...it seems to be a lottory when selecting players.

So...is there a slider or setting I can use to make my AI players play like the opponent AI or even my friendly AI from BAP modes?

I use circle (Or B for 360) a lot. It makes the closest defender charge the ball. I like playing off the ball and if I don't use circle, the computer could hold the ball 80% of the game probably.

For crosses, you gotta switch and head the ball away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »