Home

Does anyone know how to "aim" on manual shooting?

This is a discussion on Does anyone know how to "aim" on manual shooting? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2009, 10:16 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Does anyone know how to "aim" on manual shooting?

OK, seriously, is there any consensus on how exactly I am supposed to aim my shot when I am using manual shooting? I am getting a bit frustrated when, following some really nice lead-up play, I totally miss the entire goal.

I am using the tele cam.

My struggles are most pronounced when my attacker is coming onto the goal on an angle (as opposed to straight on). I have trouble at both the near post and the far post.

I understand that it is tough to aim when sprinting - so I sometimes try to use pace control before my shot. I understand that the shot power fills up very quickly - so I am not asking about what to do when the ball goes over the goal. I understand that the attacker can be affected by pressure - so I attempt to shoot when my attacker is not be jostled.

The issue is really the aim. I know the L-stick (which also controls my player movement) is supposed to be used for aiming. But relative to what? This is my big concern.

Please help. :-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 08:47 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Does anyone know how to "aim" on manual shooting?

Like you stated, sprinting while shooting is bad. So I always try and grab the left trigger prior to shooting.

And then I like to use the driven shot button, which is Left Button. I've found it straightens out my shots. So the ball goes where I aim for the most part. If I get to much power on the shot, it just sails. I've tried the Right Button and I almost always miss the goal. It's like it gives me too much control.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:09 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

Driven shot is left button? I thought this was just for free kicks?

I know LT is pace control (a must). LB = the chip shot. RB = the "focused" shot.

So - mostly I attempt to get both LT + RB when shooting from any angle. Still - not so great.

(1) I still get the ball to sail over the net - choosing low power is trickier than I feel like it should be.

(2) There seems to be an annoying time delay between when I press the shot button and when my player actually shoots. It might only be a second - but this is too often enough time for the CPU defender to come in and knock the ball away from my attacker.

Does this mean that I have to shoot sooner? Anticipate a second earlier about when I am going to want to shoot?
Old 08-18-2009, 01:11 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Now that I think about it, I guess I don't use LB. But using LT is a godsend. Even if I am sprinting in on goal and a defender is on me I always let go of the RT and grab the LT then shoot. You also want to make sure your player is shooting with their preferred foot. You need to flick the left stick to the left and then flick it back right and hit the shot button.

I have forgotten about using the focus shot because it never works for me. It just causes my player to miss the net.

And yes, you have to anticipate. Especially when a ball comes back out and is set up perfectly for a volley. You can't wait until a split second before the ball gets to your player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »