Home

I need help..

This is a discussion on I need help.. within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2009, 10:05 PM   #1
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10
I need help..

I just got Fifa 08 and am struggling on semi-pro big time. Ive lost my last 3 games. I have no idea how to get good scoring opportunities. Its incredibly frustrating. Plus I suck at defense apparently.

Anybody have any tips? Tricks? Videos?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 10:21 PM   #2
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: I need help..

This guy seems to do a good job of teaching skill moves:

Also, as corny as it sounds, practice practice practice. Tone it down to amatur if you have to, and just try differnet attacking stratagies until you find one. Play as great teams (Chelsea, Barca, Inter, etc.) against Poor teams (Division 2), you will get it eventually. I don't have FIFA 08, but I'm sure if you had a more specific question someone could give you a more specific answer.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:29 PM   #3
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

Thanks man.

I just have trouble getting anywhere near the goal, the defenders swarm all over me and I cant pass to anyone. I dont know how to cross good either. I am a soccer noob.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:33 PM   #4
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

also, why have all the games ive played so far been at night?
Old 09-08-2009, 11:57 PM   #5
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

No idea why the games are at night, like I said, I don't own FIFA 08.

As for crossing, perhaps you should try a low cross or even a ground cross to mix things up. If you are about to cross it, making a defender miss can buy you more than enought time to get the cross off. I would also recommend trying some other tactics to mix things up further, such as through balls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2009, 08:47 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 0

I've played about 20 games and I've scored exactly 2 goals so far. My team is not very good but that's goofy.

I used to play winning eleven and my problem with that game was it was too easy on one difficulty and too hard on the next level. I hope this game isn't a repeat of that.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:28 AM   #7
Rookie

thurstones's Arena

OVR: 3

try passing the ball up to your strikers with their back to the ball and then trying to turn round defenders when they challenge you. Should leave you with a few breaks on goal.

Also, do not bother with skill moves. They have limited use even for experienced players.
Phoenix Suns
Old 10-24-2009, 05:29 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurstones
try passing the ball up to your strikers with their back to the ball and then trying to turn round defenders when they challenge you. Should leave you with a few breaks on goal.

Also, do not bother with skill moves. They have limited use even for experienced players.
Thanks for the tip on the skill moves. I've been trying them but they don't seem to fool the defenders.

Do you mean have the striker get the ball and put his back to the goal, then turn to the side then the defender attacks?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »