Home

fifa09 all manual help request

This is a discussion on fifa09 all manual help request within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2009, 02:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
fifa09 all manual help request

after playing nothing but MLB The Show for the past few months, I wanted to get back into FIFA again, and I figured I would take the plunge into all-manual controls. I am about 20 exhibition games in (starting against 2nd division squads on semi-pro and working back up to 4 star teams on professional now), and I've got a pretty decent grip on passing, through balls and lobs...
but I am having fits shooting!!!

now I know that a lot of you guys are going all manual, and the "feel" is absolutely wonderful, but can anyone offer advice for shooting? my searching has yielded not much more than:
don't sprint (I don't)
finesse is your friend
finesse is NOT your friend
practice practice practice

well I have no problem with practice, but I still can't aim anywhere. no matter where I am or what I do...anything other than a shot aimed directly in the direction I am facing will result is the shot flying 15 yards wide. I would understand misses, but Kaka/Ribery/pick your stud would not miss THAT bad from inside the 18!

I have tried holding the left stick while powering up, flicking it, the result is the same. and I am not trying to do anything crazy, but say I am near the penalty spot facing the right post, I am not asking for much other than say shooting toward the left side of the net, right? on the whole it is a great gaming experience, but it just seems like I am missing something...

don't hold out guys!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2009, 03:50 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: fifa09 all manual help request

EA put together an online manual with tips for things like shooting. I had a link at one time but I can't find it. Anyway, the most important tips with shooting for me: keeping the ball down is dependent on player momentum. If the player is running while kicking, the ball will sail. Go into practice and try slowing up just before you shoot. And just as important: using the player's correct foot makes a big difference.

The reality however is that shooting is simply way too sensitive in 09. From some of the FIFA 10 impressions I've read, it appears that's been improved thankfully.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:39 AM   #3
Rookie

ahhh...well I was hoping to save $60 and play 09 for another year, but if the manual shooting is fixed for 10...that might be worth it. because last night I had a situation where I came in the box from the right side, fired a shot that hit the right post and bounced back into the middle, maybe 8 yards from the net...and my striker (Miro Klose) one timed the rebound shot about 10 yards wide left. I almost slammed my controller. wide open, standing still, legit striker...MISSING FROM 20 FEET?!?!?
happens WAY too frequently
Old 09-23-2009, 12:03 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural320
ahhh...well I was hoping to save $60 and play 09 for another year
Ha-ha! Me too. But according to the demo impressions, it's much easier to keep shots down, plus the game pace is slower -- two changes that were definitely needed IMO.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:45 PM   #5
Rookie

yeah I hear you. I DL the demo and played a few games, and I TRIED (really I did!) to convince myself that the slower pace and 360 movement were not worth my running out next month when the game drops...
so I revisted fifa09 to rediscover the pain in my @$$ shot control.
isn't it crazy to play "best ______ ever!" one year, but then there is something new the next that warrants buying it (aside from roster updates of course)? I am in that boat with fifa, nhl and mlb the show (09 versions of all). I ask how can they get better? and they always do...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »