Home

World Cup '10

This is a discussion on World Cup '10 within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2009, 09:48 PM   #1
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
World Cup '10

do you think they will make a FIFA World Cup 10 like they did in 06. i hope they do. it was awsome
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2009, 09:54 AM   #2
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: World Cup '10

I'm sure they will and it'll probably release in May 2010. The real question is if it will include full qualifying to give it some replay value...
Old 09-28-2009, 11:09 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

They don't have the rights to the world cup anymore. Hopefully they can fit it in to fifa. If not only game is from PES since they have the rights.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:25 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy14fan
They don't have the rights to the world cup anymore. Hopefully they can fit it in to fifa. If not only game is from PES since they have the rights.
Are you sure about that? I couldn't imagine playing a world cup game with mainly generic players.

Plus, according to wikipedia, EA Sports still has the rights. I think they just can't use the world cup rights in their regular yearly FIFA games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup_video_games
Old 09-28-2009, 12:42 PM   #5
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

I really hope they do because it is one of the longest running sports games I have been getting since original PS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2009, 02:37 PM   #6
Pro

IGN and a couple of other sites posted it about a year or so ago. Unless EA bought the rights back and didn't hear about it, but from the last thing I read they lost the rights.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:05 PM   #7
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy14fan
IGN and a couple of other sites posted it about a year or so ago. Unless EA bought the rights back and didn't hear about it, but from the last thing I read they lost the rights.
are you sure you're not talking about the Champions League rights, which belong to UEFA and not FIFA?
Old 09-28-2009, 10:00 PM   #8
Pro

I am pretty much sure. They brought up the last world cup game for EA and said it was the last game they will be making. They didn't know if EA would put the world cup into FIFA now since they didn't have the rights. I will search but it was an article a while back on IGN and a couple of other sites.

Plus even if PES did have the right they would have all the real teams and players cause they bought the rights. EA can still come out with a game but they would have to use fake names and teams.

Last edited by cincy14fan; 09-28-2009 at 10:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »