Home

Manager Mode early complaints

This is a discussion on Manager Mode early complaints within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2009, 10:06 AM   #145

Bruins's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Manager Mode early complaints

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Juice
Can somebody tell me why after every game (whether i sim it or play it) my lineup is all screwed up? Its like something the assistant manager would do, putting all my players in the wrong positions, but the thing is i turned off assistant manager and its still happening. Its not a gamebreaker but its very annoying. Anybody know?
Hmm, I don't see this in my manager modes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2009, 10:45 AM   #146
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle
just wanted to say that i have had zero issues signing players... i am arsenal and i signed:

gai assulin
maroune chamakh
blaise matuidi
Haha, I used to sign guys rumored to be on their way to the Emirates in my Arsenal MMs... but they would never sign IRL. Then I'd develop some sort of spite for them and not play them. Or maybe I was jinxing the real Arsenal by jumping the gun. I think I'm going .
Old 10-30-2009, 11:33 AM   #147
Rookie

TheArsenologist's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Juice
Can somebody tell me why after every game (whether i sim it or play it) my lineup is all screwed up? Its like something the assistant manager would do, putting all my players in the wrong positions, but the thing is i turned off assistant manager and its still happening. Its not a gamebreaker but its very annoying. Anybody know?
From my experience with MM this year, it appears the game will rotate your players during your 4 preseason friendlies to give everyone a chance to get some playing time. I was very annoyed by this, too. I am 7 games into the games that matter now, though, and haven't had my squad rotated yet. Of course, if you're a Liverpool fan, maybe you want your squad arbitrarily rotated to match the unpredictable nature of Rafa Benitez.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:32 PM   #148
Rookie

mdbussen's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle
not sure how crazy that is... wigan and sunderland are playing well. there is more parity in EPL this year.
Actually that post was a tongue-in-cheek response to the guy complaining about all the unrealistic results... I was merely stating all events that really DID happen this year already to show that you can't draw too much from only 10 games into the season
Old 10-30-2009, 09:35 PM   #149
MVP

OVR: 14

When did Chelsea lose to Sunderland?

The problem in FIFA is alot of the 'upsets' i've seen are away victories with high margins - example, Man Utd lost 0-3 at home to Everton and 1-5 at home to Blackburn in my MM. In that same season, Blackburn finished rock bottom of the league.

Also, it doesn't appear that the big CPU teams are active in signing big name stars or realistic players in the off season. Man Utd didn't sign anyone after the end of my first season with City and if you recall they finished 10th in the league...Liverpool, who came 8th that same season, only signed Kompany (from me!) and no-one else (Utd did make random offers for stars like Adebayor and Robinho who were transfered listed though).

Real Madrid and Barcelona had exactly the same starting line-ups as they do in real life today when i faced each in the ECC in the 2011/12 and 2012/13 seasons respectively in the game. AC Milan's signing of Clichy is probably the most noteworty CPU-to-CPU signing after 4 full seasons (was made before the 2nd season) and it was good to see him in the starting lineup when i played Milan in ECC in 11/12, but that's really all i've come across.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:34 AM   #150
MVP

OVR: 14

Well in my first transfer window in my Notts County MM, i've already seen a few significant CPU-to-CPU transfers:

Gael Clichy - Arsenal to Lyon (yup, different MM but same move lol)
Yuri Zhirkov - Chelsea to Inter
Yuri Zhirkov - Inter to Lazio (yup he moved twice in as many weeks, and for $2million less the second time lol)
Mahamadou Diarra - Real Madrid to Mancheter Utd

...so it appears in some ML seasons you get busier transfer periods in respect to bigger name players. Its still worrying that Zhirkov moved twice in one window (three times if you count the Chelsea buy in real life this summer!) because i started this MM after the second patch. So obviously the patch didn't fix this issue, though i don't think it was meant to be addressed anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »