Home

2 Glitches (issues) and Patch (unconfirmed)

This is a discussion on 2 Glitches (issues) and Patch (unconfirmed) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2009, 04:01 AM   #1
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16
2 Glitches (issues) and Patch (unconfirmed)

hey guys - i troll over at the EA forums and wanted to update. i know some of you lads go there too, so this will be overkill for you.

a few posters have the game early and have identified two issues with the game so far. first, for manager mode. the issue is the FORM input. if you guys played Euro 2008, you will be more familiar with how this works. if you are playing well, then your form goes up, vice versa. well, its sounds like the form is over done. specifically that it can affect PHYSICAL attributes. i.e. if you are on form your acceleration goes from an 90 to a 99! clearly a realistic form would affect skills and mental attribtues, not act like steroids.

the second issue is the finess shot from range... i think its just too effective and unrealistically accurate.

the good news is that Dave Rutter has been quoted as saying the finesse shot issue will be fixed Oct1 (he said hopefully) so won't effect the US release. no word on the form issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 01:00 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: 2 Glitches (issues) and Patch (unconfirmed)

can you explain form to me? i dont know much about soccer.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:50 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 7

Form in this context is basically that a player plays better in a good stretch or worse in a bad stretch and to negate that the player needs a turning point (to the better or to the worse).
In FIFA terms it means that if a player has a great game or a great stretch of games his form is great and he has a higher ovrl rating, a player playing bad gets a worse rating for the time being.

I kind of can live with it as a long time PES player. There form allways was in the game, albeit not represented by numbers (ratings) but only on the field. Including physichal attributes like speed. If your player had a red arrow up he was noticeably faster than when he had a blue arrow down, it was like day and night.
And no one took exception to it really, now that FIFA decided to show rating changes based on form everybody is all panicky.

So as said : I won´t have a problem with it most likely. If it is overdone i´d hope for a fix via a Patch though, definitely.
Then again i really doubt this would be a dealbreaker for me seeing as i´ve done just fine with PES comic-like form system (differences on the pitch were really big and if they´d have been represented in the ratings i guess the differences would have been even bigger than last year).

However i´d like for them to make it really gradul in the coming years and combine it with injury and stamina. Of course for that to take place they´d have to fix injuries first... Still every injury is 1 week, how freaking laughable is that ? There isn´t a single major sports game out there with remotely as poor an injury system.

The way i see it this is a video game and this form feature is making you play the game differently which is a good thing. I don´t really need 110% realism in a video game.

-Other reported bug/issues :

-Training staff 8 or better = no rotation nescessary. AGAIN. But form might be the solution here, actually in that now you have a reason to rotate (players in bad form) other than your own conscience.

- assists not tallied correctly, including goalkeepers collecting assists like mad ...
Old 10-01-2009, 07:18 AM   #4
Rookie

brs2305's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle
hey guys - i troll over at the EA forums and wanted to update. i know some of you lads go there too, so this will be overkill for you.

a few posters have the game early and have identified two issues with the game so far. first, for manager mode. the issue is the FORM input. if you guys played Euro 2008, you will be more familiar with how this works. if you are playing well, then your form goes up, vice versa. well, its sounds like the form is over done. specifically that it can affect PHYSICAL attributes. i.e. if you are on form your acceleration goes from an 90 to a 99! clearly a realistic form would affect skills and mental attribtues, not act like steroids.

the second issue is the finess shot from range... i think its just too effective and unrealistically accurate.

the good news is that Dave Rutter has been quoted as saying the finesse shot issue will be fixed Oct1 (he said hopefully) so won't effect the US release. no word on the form issue.

Well from a sport science stand point, form does affect even physical attributes. If you are in good form, than you are more relaxed, more "free" in your head, since everything seems to work easier and better. Thus muscle stimulation and thus reaction do work better...

i.e. a 100m Sprinter will be better, if he's in better form, even if the form is just a psychological parameter, because he's more concentrated and more confident about himself...trust me...it's a huge difference

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »