Home

FIFA BLOG Podcast Review of FIFA 10: 9 out of 10

This is a discussion on FIFA BLOG Podcast Review of FIFA 10: 9 out of 10 within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2009, 03:47 PM   #1
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16
FIFA BLOG Podcast Review of FIFA 10: 9 out of 10

http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fsb-2...ifa-10-review/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2009, 01:00 AM   #2
Immense Dimension

electrickeeper's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: FIFA BLOG Podcast Review of FIFA 10: 9 out of 10

Good analysis.

I was somewhat leary of a review of FIFA from a site that has it in the name, but he seemed pretty fair and balanced.

I'm still very excited for this game.

- Playstation Football Association Career(online manager mode)
Old 10-05-2009, 10:50 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 19
Re: FIFA BLOG Podcast Review of FIFA 10: 9 out of 10

I like the site, but the podcast was too long. If he had made it shorter and better focused it would have kept me awake. I give him credit for being knowledgeable about the game, and he did prove some insights. The team filter for online play is a great addition. On the few occasions I have gone online to play previous versions of FIFA or their Champions League game, I will create a room, specifically state "No Barca" and still people would try to use them, or Man U, or the French national team, or Brazil, or whatever super team they could cheese with. The game always has thousands of clubs from around the world, but people insist on latching onto only the tip top.

The reviewer did go on and on about the poor kit for Galatasaray, which is a shame, but FIFA does goof up a few of those every season. I like how he literally apologized for obsessing over this goofed up kit, but he's right, good kits lend to the authenticity of the game, and use the licenses to the best level possible. He's not the only one who gets distracted from the quality of the game play because little details are mishandled.

The game face bug was overdone, too. Several years ago EA had a "put your face in the game" feature for some PC games that was a total mess. EA wants to win us over with our vanity. Spend the same time on gameplay and the repair of real bugs and I will be happier than seeing my mug on some created player.

All these posts, all the fanboy grief, really makes me wish I could wake up and tomorrow were the 20th so I could buy the game, and check it out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »