Home

One quick edit = end of constant CPU pressing

This is a discussion on One quick edit = end of constant CPU pressing within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2009, 08:30 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 26
One quick edit = end of constant CPU pressing

I know the soccer/football heads don't like editing ratings, lol. But this is just too good not to share. A 200% gameplay improvement, guaranteed. Test this out yourself:

- Save a test roster.
- Choose a CPU team to play against.
- Change your profile to that team for editing purposes.
- Remove all extra players (cuts down on editing, but you must have a minimum of 17 + 2 goalkeepers).
- Lower each player's Aggression rating down to or near 0. It's located in the Mentality catagory in the edit screen.
- Edit the CPU team's tactics, and lower Buildup, Pressure and Aggression to 1.
- Get ready to be amazed at the improvement in gameplay -- it's like whole new game.

I play on Pro, so the above is really for those who are struggling with the game speed and continual CPU pressing. I was even able to play on World Class after these edits, so experiment and see what works for you. And obviously not every team will be edited this way, but try this out just to experience the sort of gameplay that's possible with this series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2009, 12:56 AM   #2
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: One quick edit = end of constant CPU pressing

i get my copy back tomorrow, will deffinately test this....

do you think this helped with cpu sprinting up field in attack?

because i have been doing formation edits seems to be the only way to not let the cpu get space they did not work for because of dumb AI

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 10-27-2009, 02:28 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 14

Sounds promising, but does lowering player's Aggression impact the amount of slide tackles they attempt?

What about the constant annoyance where you pass the ball along the ground upfield to your striker (in order for him to hold the ball) but his CPU marker barges through the back of him easily winning the ball whil your striker is flat on his ***...is that gone or at least lowered as a result of this?

And finally would these changes remain if you start an MM or a custom Tournament?

I might test it out over the weekend with some A-League squads...these teams only have about 20-man squads anyway.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:46 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 17

I tried custom tactics for 1 both both pressing and aggression and got promising results. The game was too easy but teams will still press you deep in your zone...as they should, but it won't be all over the field.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:36 PM   #5
Banned

Just to try and answer these questions with some general comments: I've been experimenting with this and am really loving the results. I'm playing with CPU Pressure at 1 and Aggression at 25.

With CPU player edits, here's what I'm doing: I take the default Aggression rating and break it into 10% increments. Say the player's default Aggression rating is 80.

ST = 10% = Aggression rating of 8
FW, CAM = 20% = Aggression rating of 16
CM, WB = 30% = Aggression rating of 24
CDM, CB = 40% = Aggression rating of 32

These edits take next-to-no time once you get the hang of it. I really suggest to anyone stuck between Semi and Pro that they give this a try. It completely opens up the game. I'm now able to move the ball up the field, etc... all the stuff I couldn't do before in this game or in the last year's version.

I don't think these edits affect the CPU running upfield all the time -- that's more to do with the CPU Buildup tactic I would think. I'd say these edits don't address the many gameplay annoyances that are part of this series. But they do eliminate the constant CPU pressing in your end, absolutely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2009, 05:41 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
I tried custom tactics for 1 both both pressing and aggression and got promising results. The game was too easy...
That's why I upped CPU Aggression tactics to 25. And I'll change that for different teams -- better teams will have their Aggression tactic set higher.

And again, this is really for those who are finding Semi too easy and Pro too difficult. The World Class and Legendary crowd no doubt appreciate the default settings and challenge.

Last edited by baa7; 10-27-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:02 PM   #7
Banned

Just want to add: I play using the Pro cam and with all manual controls. I'm finding the game on Pro difficulty pretty tough on those settings, and these edits make the game much more playable for me. Still a challenge, but definitely easier. But they might make the gameplay too easy for anyone using a different camera and controller setup, I don't know.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:59 PM   #8
He can talk the talk

Salhus's Arena

OVR: 20

Nice find. My only worries would be the time. I'd have to edit every team in the three major leagues before I start my MM

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »