Home

Aquiring Transfers as a Bad Team

This is a discussion on Aquiring Transfers as a Bad Team within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2009, 10:20 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Aquiring Transfers as a Bad Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekodinator
How do you do this? Is there another place other than the transfer listings to look for players?
Along with scouting there is also a Free Agent search option within the transfer market. Go to Search by Details, and filter the search by player status to select "Free Agents".

However, i don't think FAs appear in the very first window, may have to wait until January in the first season. Also, i personallly didn't recognise any of the names there, so they may just be game-generated randoms. But i'd think eventually real players get agent to FAs once they are out of contract and don't re-sign with their old club (this happened in 09 for sure, i remember signing Vincent Kompany as an FA at the end of the first season with Parma in 09).
Old 10-28-2009, 11:49 PM   #10
Rookie

Mad 69's Arena

OVR: 10

You can send the scout out for a quick trip or longer, depends how much money you want to spend - quick trip or a few games.

Free agents do appear in the first transfer period, there isn't that great a selection like in years past though. I try to keep my teams as close to their real life counterparts as I can, if not I will go after a young player from the country in which league I'm playing in.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:44 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad 69
Free agents do appear in the first transfer period...
Yup they do, and thank f@rk in my case with Notts County. The squad is quite small, and even after spending all my monies on Fitness (got it to level 6) the amount of midweek matches early on still meant my players struggled to be fit for consecutive games.

So with no money for transfers, i wasn't able to sign any club-attached player. But i was able to sign 4 free agents rated in the low 50s each with a match salary of about 700-800 pounds (most of starters' salaries were about 1700 in comparison). They included an RM, an LM and an LB - all positions that lacked depth in my squads, and all below 24 years of age. All like you, i also purposely chose to sign players from the region for realism (3 were English, 1 was Welsh) and they all had believable English-sounding names too. And they were the cheaper players too in terms of salary...all the similarly-rated Mexican and other foreign players for example wanted at least triple the salary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2009, 02:17 AM   #12
MVP

Today i discovered that players you put in the Free Agent section in the main menu become free agents when you start a new Manager Mode, which means you can then sign them!

Tested it out with clubless Mark Viduka by dropping him from the Aussie squad which sent him to the FA pool. Started a new MM with Melbourne Victory, and after filtering the transfer section by "Free Agents" Viduka was there! And i was even able to sign him with my Melbourne team in the first week, but i had to significantly increase his salary (was still within the available budget though).

So this is a cool thing if you wanted to add a whole bunch of national team players that don't belong to a club in the game to become signable players by your team and CPU teams in MM...without being cheap and simply moving them to a club in the main menu before hand lol
Old 11-01-2009, 04:23 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

Can you put a created player in free agent and play in manager mode. Then pick him up?
Old 11-01-2009, 10:15 PM   #14
Pro

gamemaster-2005's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfunkadelphia
Can you put a created player in free agent and play in manager mode. Then pick him up?
I think this year you can play manager mode with created players
Old 11-05-2009, 12:49 PM   #15
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

yes when you start MM you can play as your VP
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 10:46 AM   #16
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

I did a "Quick Trip" with a scout in Europe, he found one (pretty promising) German striker, and he returned after about 4 weeks (or after the 4th friendly match).

What's the rule of thumb on transfers? I'm Tottenham in the EPL, which is a decent team with a decent-sized wallet, and some of the 75-80 OVR transfers are only 40% interested in me at most (largely b/c I have other players blocking their roster spot).

How high do you need to get the interest meter to realisitically get them to sign? Is there much you can do to get the meter higher, other than increasing their wage a bit and giving them bonuses?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »