Home

Cracking the Code: Form

This is a discussion on Cracking the Code: Form within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2009, 01:20 PM   #1
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Form

I wanted to get everyone's thoughts on the Form changes.

Is it more effective to play someone with a form of 65 and a green arrow or a 75 with an orange slightly down arrow or even red straight down?

Anyone noticing anything?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 09:04 AM   #2
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16
Cracking the Code: Form

I think we need some collective commnetary on cracking the form code... in particular, what I mean, is how does in game performance translate to the form number. Pass %, Goals, not conceding goals... does anyone have a rule of thumb or tips to get your form up?

two things I have noticed is that one, if you get two goals, definitely getting an 8. also, multiple assists and you can get an 8. this happened last MM game with RVP and Arshavin, respectively.

but what about other variables?

long passes?
misplaced passes?
losing the ball?
trick/skill moves?

any and all please weigh in...
Old 11-06-2009, 10:25 AM   #3
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Cracking the Code: Form

Ha, we could start a whole series on "Cracking the Code" for things that seem cool in FIFA 10, but that were never fully explained.

By "form", I assume you're talking about the 10/10 numbers that make up Man of the Match. I just assume that those were tied to some type of statistic, like balls won, passing percentage, etc.

Isn't "form" also represented by those colored arrows in the Squad page? I assume that's something like "morale" or "confidence". But if you have Live 2.0, it gets further confusing. I don't know if the arrows are relating to things I'm doing within Manager Mode, or if it's some real-time representation of what that player was doing at that point in his real season.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:32 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
By "form", I assume you're talking about the 10/10 numbers that make up Man of the Match. I just assume that those were tied to some type of statistic, like balls won, passing percentage, etc.
The Man of the Match selection is terrible in this game. I won a game 4-0, with one of my forwards scoring 3 goals. A player on the CPU team won Man of the Match with a 7 rating.

Quote:
Isn't "form" also represented by those colored arrows in the Squad page? I assume that's something like "morale" or "confidence". But if you have Live 2.0, it gets further confusing. I don't know if the arrows are relating to things I'm doing within Manager Mode, or if it's some real-time representation of what that player was doing at that point in his real season.
I'd actually be more interested in cracking this code
Old 11-06-2009, 10:37 AM   #5
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
live 2.0 has to do with REAL LIFE FORM.

the squad page was a result of in game form over a prolonged period. so one 10/10 won't right the ship, but after a few good games form will start to improve
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 10:39 AM   #6
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle
live 2.0 has to do with REAL LIFE FORM.

the squad page was a result of in game form over a prolonged period. so one 10/10 won't right the ship, but after a few good games form will start to improve
Right, but I wasn't sure if this was being imported into Manager Mode if you play with those same teams. It seems that the answer is no. The reason for my confusion is that if you play a Live Season 2.0, practically everything that happens is supposed to reflect hot & cold streaks in real life. Also, those current attributes are imported into Quick Play if you assume one of those teams in an exhibition game.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:31 AM   #7
He can talk the talk

Salhus's Arena

OVR: 20

I noticed I'd have a guy in bad form with the arrow pointing down, but not all the way down.

I took him out of the lineup and with the reserves, not even on the bench, for 2 games and saw his form arrow returned to neutral
Old 11-08-2009, 04:57 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I may be on to something with how form is effected...

i have played 2 full seasons and about halfway through the third with Bradford City. My settings were set to World Class with 6 min halfs. Over this time I've noticed the same thing from all complaints that form for ALL players seem to be down...ALL the time, no matter whats going on.

However, I have recently noticed a change in this by changing the time of the halfs. I was wanting to get the stamina accomplishments of 3500 yards in a match with my bap, but 6 wasn't cutting it so I changed to it up to 8. I've done this for about 10 games now, and my entire back line is currently in the green, middle is about even, with only one guy on on the slide. My last 10 games have been so/so result wise.

I'm thinking distance traveled may come in to effect for each player when form is calculated. Therefore it would make sense for all players to be low in form all the time, because the game doesn't account for the time difference/comparison to distance traveled.

Just a guess...

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »