Home

Just Played an AMAZING match!!

This is a discussion on Just Played an AMAZING match!! within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2009, 11:41 PM   #1
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47
Just Played an AMAZING match!!

So I just played a great match, possibly the best one I've ever played in my many years of FIFA. I still play 09 due to being strapped for cash and the fact that 09 still gives me the satisfaction of soccer that I need.
ANYWAY
I was Scotland vs Denmark on World Class difficulty, just a friendly match.
And it was snowing!!(first time in the massive amount of matches I've played in 09 that it was snowing)

So it was a very competitive match, possession frequently changed and only a few chances were ever created on goal. It was scoreless at the end of 90 minutes...so I said what the heck lets play extra time.

Still scoreless through 1 half of ET and all the way until the 120th minute...when with literally no time to spare, I get a perfect chance and SCORE!!! It was a beautiful goal, perfect cross and everything.
I probably watched the replay 50 times over. It's hard to describe what happened...it was awesome though
Then kickoff happened and the whistle blew basically 2 seconds later.
What a finish.
So...
I'd like to know what YOUR greatest games/greatest finishes were?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2009, 11:54 PM   #2
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Just Played an AMAZING match!!

I was Burnley playing Man U in MM on FIFA 10 and in the 90th min i crossed the ball and headed it into the net to tie the game. Since it was a league game it ended in a tie but for me to tied Man U when it looked like a lose was amazing. My board confidence shot through the roof.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 11-11-2009, 11:07 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I was West Ham playing someone decent in MM in Fifa 10. I got a cheap goal early and then was down 2-1 very late in the game. I got Cole free down the side and saw my CAM running the other side. I hit a perfect cross (I've been on manual crossing and sucked on 09, I'm loving the 10 crossing) between 3 defenders for the tying goal. The game ended in a tie, but it was great to hit a cross that did exactly what I wanted.

I'm loving fifa 10, although I might get fired soon, oh well.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:31 PM   #4
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Early on in my Newcastle MM (8th game or so), I was playing Bristol City, who was sitting in first place 2 points ahead of me. I was down 2-1 late, and scored what I thought was the goal to steal me a point in the 88th. Then very late in stoppage time I had some pressure on, but Bristol cleared it. Then I sent in a cross from way outside the box and deep with my RB to the back post and it somehow found my striker and he squeezed a header in for the late win and first place. I jumped out of my chair on that one. Then, just like the OP, the whistle blew right on the restart.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:09 PM   #5
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

I was playing a friendly LA Galaxy vs. Chicago Fire (me)

It was tied after 105 minutes, and LA scored at the start of the second half of extra time. At the 120th minute, I fired off a prayer shot. It hit Donovan's leg, and flew right over the keepers head and into the goal. I tried to record it, but since EA won't let you sign in during a game, I couldn't.

I won in penalties.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2009, 02:53 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I had a great game just last night playing as DC United against Milan. They struck first around the 30th minute. My first thought was that I would now be routed by the better team, because very often after the first goal teams play lights out. But a few moments later I scored a equalizer with a beautiful header from Moreno. It was the best header I've seen in the game by far.

So we went into the half tied. In the 51st minute I scored with Emilio in a equally impressive fashion, the ball was placed perfectly and no goalie could have stopped it. Sadly Milan managed to tie off of a fluke deflection goal that made me wanna cry. But then in the 88th minute I thought I had the winner with Emilio. It was one on one against the goalie. The goalie stepped out so I went for the chip...and it hit the top bar and bounced straight down. The ball was right on the line rolling ever so slightly as I watched hoping I would get the goal.
Sadly the goalie beat me to it and was able to clear it. The game ended in a draw.

All in all I was happy. For DC United to go into Milan, shut down Ronaldinho, and come away with a draw is rather impressive. I just wish I would have got that last goal.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:01 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

I am playing with Leeds United in MM (fifa 10) and got to the semi finals of the English Cup (not the FA, the other one) and had the lucky draw oh Man U. Well, they were relentless all match, and I did all I could to hold them off. Somewhere around the 77th minute I was able to work the ball into the corner and play a ball out near the top of the box...and magically my fingers all did what they were supposed to! Trapped the ball and held off the defender with my back to the goal, which led to a spin exit move, a right stick flick to push the ball juuuust out of the defenders reach, then a hold of the shot button to a bar and a half power...where my guy had squared up and let an absolute cracker fly towards the far upper 90, past a diving keeper, and the ball slammed into the underside of the crossbar and went straight down about a foot past the goal line!!!
I lost my sh-- and watched the replay over and over from every angle possible. went on to score an easy counter goal against an all out Man U desperation assault. won the match 2-0, and soon after, the cup final. but I think that goal was the moment that cemeted me into wanting to devote all my time into MM
Old 11-11-2009, 04:08 PM   #8
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I had a great game just last night playing as DC United against Milan. They struck first around the 30th minute. My first thought was that I would now be routed by the better team, because very often after the first goal teams play lights out. But a few moments later I scored a equalizer with a beautiful header from Moreno. It was the best header I've seen in the game by far.

So we went into the half tied. In the 51st minute I scored with Emilio in a equally impressive fashion, the ball was placed perfectly and no goalie could have stopped it. Sadly Milan managed to tie off of a fluke deflection goal that made me wanna cry. But then in the 88th minute I thought I had the winner with Emilio. It was one on one against the goalie. The goalie stepped out so I went for the chip...and it hit the top bar and bounced straight down. The ball was right on the line rolling ever so slightly as I watched hoping I would get the goal.
Sadly the goalie beat me to it and was able to clear it. The game ended in a draw.

All in all I was happy. For DC United to go into Milan, shut down Ronaldinho, and come away with a draw is rather impressive. I just wish I would have got that last goal.
WOW!!! Sounds epic!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »