Home

Best skill moves for these scenarios?

This is a discussion on Best skill moves for these scenarios? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2009, 12:15 AM   #1
Rookie

dunlopp9987's Arena

OVR: 6
Best skill moves for these scenarios?

So I have a few situations during matches that always come up, and I can never seem to figure out what to do with skill moves to solve the problem. (also, I'm using PS3, just fyi for giving directions for skill moves)

1. Single breakaway towards the keeper.
I have so many of these, yet I can never figure out which skill moves work best to get the ball around the keeper. I usually just end up shooting without putting any skill moves on, and a lot of the time it never works out. So what skill moves work best in a 1-1 situation like this?

2. My player running down the pitch with a defender running next to me
Is there a move to get around him without having to just keep running forward and hoping I knock him off me?

Anyone care to help me out with some suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2009, 09:12 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Best skill moves for these scenarios?

most of the time my "breakaways" have a defender right on my butt, however, if you have a step or two...a simple (hold left trigger) and RS flick toward your preferred shooting foot will result in a feint which freezes the keeper for just a split second. keep the shot power down to the ball stays low to the ground, and grab the right trigger to make it a finesse shot it you can.
low and hard with a little curl works great.

when I can't pull off the above button combo due to defensive pressure...9 out of 10 the keeper saves my shot. errrrrr....
Old 11-17-2009, 09:39 AM   #3
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlopp9987
So I have a few situations during matches that always come up, and I can never seem to figure out what to do with skill moves to solve the problem. (also, I'm using PS3, just fyi for giving directions for skill moves)

1. Single breakaway towards the keeper.
I have so many of these, yet I can never figure out which skill moves work best to get the ball around the keeper. I usually just end up shooting without putting any skill moves on, and a lot of the time it never works out. So what skill moves work best in a 1-1 situation like this?

Is there a move to get around him without having to just keep running forward and hoping I knock him off me?

1) I like to wait for the goalie to tip his move, and chip shot over

2) Here I like to move back quickly in a circular motion and then
move forward again. Trick is, if I run back towards my left, I make
sure to move forward towards my right, giving you a greater chance
of ridding your defender and getting a couple of steps on him toards
goal.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:07 AM   #4
Rookie

dunlopp9987's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORMULA316
1) I like to wait for the goalie to tip his move, and chip shot over

2) Here I like to move back quickly in a circular motion and then
move forward again. Trick is, if I run back towards my left, I make
sure to move forward towards my right, giving you a greater chance
of ridding your defender and getting a couple of steps on him toards
goal.
Do you happen to know off the top of your head what you said for #2 translates into a skill move?
Old 11-17-2009, 01:12 PM   #5
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

I haven't though much about using skill moves on the goalkeeper b/c I'm usually focusing on generating space and getting a shot off. I would add (if this is not already obvious) that you should be using the "flick on" or kick ahead thing with the R stick to generate space from the defender, once you have the clear lane. FIFA, as compared to NHL and other sports games, actually does a pretty good job representing players with superior speed, and a striker should be able to outrun your average CB, once he gets free.

The A.I. does seem to punish you for walking in and just taking a straight shot. Probably an overreaction to keep the game from becoming too easy, but there are definately shots on breakaways I should have better success with than I do. A low "placed" shot against the grain is probably your best bet.

Chip shots are weird...the CPU does it to me all the time, but whenever I try it (even if the keeper is at the edge of the box), the keeper seems to read it an either step back and catch it, or tip it over the top. So I've kinda given up on those for the time being.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2009, 04:38 PM   #6
Y.N.W.A

Rexis's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlopp9987

Best move in this situation is that Cristiano move where he cross his legs and move the ball on his side with the leg nearest to the sidelines

LiverpoolFC Atlanta Falcons Atlanta Hawks Atlanta Braves Kobe Bryant
Old 11-17-2009, 04:53 PM   #7
Rookie

Merih's Arena

OVR: 3

For #1 I like to fake a shot. To do this:

While powering up shot press pass button and move left stick towards the direction you want to fake it.

So while running at keeper power up shot and while doing so then tap pass button. You're player will fake the shot. Then move the left stick towards the direction to want to move to. Then your player will take the same foot he used to fake the shot and tap the ball to that direction. 6/10 the keeper will bite hard. Then it's simply tapping the shot button to put it in the net or, for some stylistic flair, dribble it in yourself!
Old 11-17-2009, 05:25 PM   #8
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

For #2 do a chop.

Just hit down right or down left twice (this is pro cam) depending on which sideline you are on. Works great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »