Home

"Staff Upgrade" Discussion

This is a discussion on "Staff Upgrade" Discussion within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2009, 12:59 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
"Staff Upgrade" Discussion

I am just getting started with FIFA10 ... but I played a lot of FIFA09 ... and here was my approach to the various staff positions. I am interested in if there are any changes to the game (FIFA10 vs FIFA09) that might affect my decision making.

-- POSITION COACHES (GK / DEF / MID / ATT) --

I felt like the player progression was too fast on FIFA09. It was great when I had a player improve +8 or +10 OVR in a single season - but that did not seem very realistic to me. So I purposefully limited myself in how much I would upgrade these coaches - in an effort to prevent totally unbelievable player growth. I usually capped these out at [ 4 or 5 ].

-- TRAINER --

I like the challenge of having to rotate my line-up. It makes me feel like I am doing more "managing" and it gives me a chance to get game time for more of my players. I did not want my trainer to be "too high" because I did want to see some fatigue effects. I upped this staff position in the early going (when my team was dying of fatigue) but then I left it alone. I would cap this at [ 6 or 7 ].

-- NEGOTIATOR --

I really enjoy the player movement part of MM. I felt that there was real value in having a high-level negotiator. This (seemed) to help me have success in the transfer market. It is not usually my strategy to go after "name players" - instead I like to look for good bargains or young players. I liked to spend money for improvement in this staff position. I would try to get this to [ 9 or 10 ].

-- SCOUT --

Similar to my discussion about the negotiator ... I also really enjoy using the scout to find new talent. I think it is fun in MM to "discover" a young player and then see him improve while he plays for your team. I would invest heavily in this staff position. I would try to get this to [ 9 or 10 ].

-- STADIUM --

I never really felt that this was worth it. If I had more information, I could build some sort of spreadsheet to calculate the marginal cost of the stadium upgrade vs. the extra dollars from increased ticket sales. My guess is that ... it is not worth it. It costs more to improve the stadium then you get back. I usually saved this position to last. I only put money in here after I had capped out the other staff positions to my liking. I would usually leave this alone [ 3 or 4 ].

----- ----- -----

So - are they any changes in FIFA10 that I should know about? Anything that might change how I should weigh the value of the various staff positions? I have the budget when the MM initially gets started ... I am trying to decide how to spend that in the early going.

Thanks - I hope people can find this thread helpful. I have spent a lot of time on the "sidelines" here ... I am trying to do a little bit more "giving back".

Last edited by SpHSpH; 11-19-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2009, 04:04 AM   #2
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: "Staff Upgrade" Discussion

big changes to progression and fitness.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:49 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I haven't played Fifa 09 but the I know the player progression in Fifa 10 is way different. In 10 they only gain about 1-3 OVR in a single season so I dont think you have to worry about unbelievable player growth like you mentioned.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:38 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

You will not have to worry about our players advancing too much. Development is much slower now. Negotiator and Scout are vital in signing and finding players. The stadium upgrade is a little more balanced this year. Most MM players will tell you to start with a very small team and build them up, so you have to upgrade your stadium to get the money you need to sign players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »