Home

Tactics Update

This is a discussion on Tactics Update within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2009, 03:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Tactics Update

Appears as though the tactics update that was coming from EA is now up and ready for download (downloading the latest roster, I believe). Anybody tried this yet?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2009, 06:46 PM   #2
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Tactics Update

Sweet, I'll check it out later.

Here's what somebody from EA Canada had to say about the update.. from the EA boards.

Quote:
As part of the team styles update we took into account suggestions from the wider community along with feedback from our Data Reviewers and Data Editors and we made just under 4000 updates to the team styles fields.

We did not assign teams ratings outside the 30 to 70 range as this allows for more range of user customization. The in game effect of using settings outside this range are much more extreme.

To get the new data all users have to do is download the newest DB. If they have made changes to the team styles that they wish to keep then they will need to save these and store them in the online locker.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:58 AM   #3
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Interesting, so the one that was out a few weeks ago wasn't "the one". I hope it has more variety than the last one, as it mostly had every team with very similar tactics.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:35 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 8

I already went through and did a tactics update using the ten generic tactics discussed in an earlier thread. I have also already done stadium re-assignments and re-namings for a bunch of the leagues (England / France / Spain / Ireland / Italy / Germany / MLS).

I really do not want to download a new file and have it reset all of that work that I did.

Is this new update "great enough"? Or should I just let it be?
Old 12-02-2009, 10:57 AM   #5
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
Regardless of the quality of the update, with all that work it sounds like you should stick with what you've got. Remember, there will be another squad update after the January transfer window (likely mid-February based on past years). That might be one worth getting to have all the moves, if you care about that...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2009, 12:13 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
I already went through and did a tactics update using the ten generic tactics discussed in an earlier thread. I have also already done stadium re-assignments and re-namings for a bunch of the leagues (England / France / Spain / Ireland / Italy / Germany / MLS).

I really do not want to download a new file and have it reset all of that work that I did.

Do a "Save As" of your current roster. Then you can check out the new update and keep your old one as backup. I did this last year with some custom edits.

As for variety, I'm not really sure what to look for. I know that the previous updates had the Coca-Cola Championship League tactics all set to 70. That's no longer the case, but I see a lot of 50's assigned to everything now. Haven't had time to delve in and mess with it too much.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:26 PM   #7
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

I'm pretty much just seeing 50's across the board for lower sides, give or take 5 to 10 points for a a couple categories. I dunno... it doesn't seem to me all that different from the last update. Then again I really didn't analyze the last one all that much. Does anyone else have a better idea of what it is they changed?
Old 12-02-2009, 02:40 PM   #8
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

Ok, I was just looking over at he EA forum and it seems like there is some confusion on weather or not the update was even released or not. Come to think of it, I was never prompted to download a new squad file yesterday when I was playing 1v1 matches. I just went to download latest squads after reading this thread and assumed there was an actual update. It's not like the game will tell you if you have the latest squad or not.

EDIT: I was playing earlier tonight and was prompted for an update. I only had time to check out a few of the lower English sides, and I definitely noticed an improvement. They aren't really anything spectacular, but it looks like they will get the job done.

Last edited by Jgainsey; 12-03-2009 at 12:45 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »