Home

Train me in soccer real quick?

This is a discussion on Train me in soccer real quick? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-04-2009, 12:58 PM   #1
Rookie

hawkeye2188's Arena

OVR: 21
Train me in soccer real quick?

I bought Fifa because it looked like a sweet game, and for the most part it is. But I lost interest quickly and when i score a goal its some random guy and im wtf is that? I think mainly i lose interest is because I dont follow soccer like I do Football/Basketball.

So my question to soccer veterans/experts, who are the "it" teams and players? I obviously know Beckham, Kaka, Ronaldo. But what about the other leagues like Irish, or Mexican? Who are good players but not Superstars or who are good teams but not Amazing like Chelsea and those big clubs?

Thanks in advance if this question can be answered, I think once i know more about teams/players I wont be able to put it down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 19
Re: Train me in soccer real quick?

FIFA 10 is excellent. The FIFA series turned me into a fan of soccer (or football!). The best leagues are the English Premier League, Spain's La Liga, Italy's Serie A, and Germany's Bundesliga. The best teams are generally rated between four and five stars. The best players are generally rated 80 and above.
There are so many good teams and so many good players you could fill this thread for the rest of the year. You could always create your own tournament with the best teams, play it round-robin style and get that experience.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:55 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Im in the same boat as you, I know nothing of soccer besides hanging out with a bunch of Brits when I was deployed and playing once or twice with them. I picked up FIFA yesterday and have been playing nonstop.

I know this has been asked before so i wont make a new thread, but whats the best team to start out with if you wana build up a team? I wanna of course make it to the EPL but Im not sure where to start and with what team. Preferably a team with a cool looking kit and some good young guys.

Thanks a ton
Old 12-04-2009, 03:33 PM   #4
Rookie

Jason482's Arena

They don't have a ton of "good young guys," but Newcastle has some guys you can sell off and use the funds to bring in fresh talent. Plus they're pretty much the cream of the Championship crop, so it won't be too difficult to get them back to the Premiership.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:53 PM   #5
Rookie

hawkeye2188's Arena

OVR: 21

I started a manager mode with Notts County, I havent played a game yet, but I added my Virtual Pro, and upgraded my Fitness and Scout.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2009, 11:19 PM   #6
Rookie

So i decided to take Middlesborough as my team and I have been impressed, im only playing on professional, but it is still very hard for me since I know nothing of soccer tactics. Anyways, Im currently in 2nd place, I ended trading away the starting goalie, and CF (he was rated 78) and with the money I made from them I picked up CF Jose Baxter and LW Adam Johnson. I must have hit the jackpot because Baxter is only 17 and he is now leading the entire league in points with 12 (8 goals 4 assists) and Johnson who is 20 has 7 goals ad 2 assists. Im still looking for a solid goaltender though as the one Im using now that I found while scouting is only a 65.

very fun game.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:00 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

In my MM, I play in the La Liga with Atletico Madrid. Its pretty fun being the rival of Real Madrid lol. Sergio Aguero, Diego Forlan, Maxi Rodriguez and Simao Sambrosa make for a good offensive attack and the defensive isnt so bad either. Also, for what its worth, their kits are pretty cool.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:04 PM   #8
Rookie

easiest way to learn soccer is to pick one league and start there. Trying to learn a lot about all the big leagues around the world will make your head explode. My advice would be to start with a larger leagues (English Premier, Serie A, Bundisliga, or La Liga). Each one has a little different feel. I would recommend the premier league or Serie A to start.

Also Leeds United is a great team to start with. League 1 in England. You will get to play in the Johnstone Paint Tourney, which is League 1 and below teams. You can also get the achievement for being promoted twice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »