Home

Fifa 10; Fifa World Cup: Why seperate?

This is a discussion on Fifa 10; Fifa World Cup: Why seperate? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2010, 11:52 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 22
Fifa 10; Fifa World Cup: Why seperate?

I know the logical answer is, so that EA can make more money by keeping the two as seperate entities, much like NFL Head Coach and Madden. But it really doesn't make much sense. It should be it's own game mode in Fifa, and not just every 4 years when the WC takes place, but in every game Fifa releases. To me it doesn't make much sense to shell out $60 for a game mode is the disguise of a full game. If it will take two disks in order to fit all the key features of the WC mode in then so be it, but have it in the same case, under the title "Fifa xx."

At the very least they could always sell a bundle pack much like EA did with Head Coach and Madden, at a discounted price, say $75-$80.

I hate greed, especially when mixed with video games, and that's what it is and the only reason it is two seperate games. Thank God for GameFly.

/end rant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2010, 01:24 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Fifa 10; Fifa World Cup: Why seperate?

Not sure why, but what I have noticed is World Cup plays more arcady, is faster, and there is less space to work with (faster game +less space = less buildup play). This is more appealing to those who don't follow soccer very much, as is the title World Cup because it is more recognizable title to the general public.

In short, more soccer "noobs" are going to buy World Cup because its a recognizable title, so they make the gaming more arcady. It lets them market to a larger population
Old 06-11-2010, 11:00 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10

World cup is a special occasion. They want to make a separate game. But
yeah I dont get it either.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:21 AM   #4
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
Not sure why, but what I have noticed is World Cup plays more arcady, is faster, and there is less space to work with (faster game +less space = less buildup play). This is more appealing to those who don't follow soccer very much, as is the title World Cup because it is more recognizable title to the general public.

In short, more soccer "noobs" are going to buy World Cup because its a recognizable title, so they make the gaming more arcady. It lets them market to a larger population
They widened the pitch for the Word Cup edition.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:41 PM   #5
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

I like the idea. I think the WC 2010 is a very good game and is actually better than FIFA 10 and I like having one game devoted to national teams.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2010, 07:03 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm not quite entirely sure on the business aspect but I remember hearing something about the price of licenceing made it so much more expensive it would have sold better as a completely seperate game. At the current moment though, I only play it when I've got buddies over because I spend most of my time on my FiFa10 files anyways.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:56 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

I am one of those soccer "noobs" that finds this setup quite nice. I don't know much about the sport, but I LOVE to watch the World Cup. Might sound corny, but I immerse myself in this stuff (bought a magazine, ran off a copy of the final squads so I could look them over for name recognition).

I play NHL 10, MLB 2K10, NCAA 10 but have soured on Madden and will never buy that game again (though I'm a big NFL fan). I have no desire to have the regular FIFA game, as I don't know the teams or understand some of the terminology that you die-hards use.

There are a number of people like me that buy this game and really enjoy it (the latest roster update is very well done!). So if they are trying to appeal to the non-soccer fan, but someone who would pick this game up...well, they snagged me. This game will have plenty of replay value for me. And my 10-year-old son and I play a lot of offline versus games and we're having a total blast. We played today's USA/England matchup this morning (He's a big Rooney fan). We played to a 1-1 tie, and joked that it would be funny if that's how it played out in real life. As we watched the game, we both joked about that. So I can appreciate the game because I find it fun to play and I can also enjoy it with my son - I don't get all caught up in knowing all the controls (there's too much for my 38 year old brain to grasp - LOL!) but I really, really like this game.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:19 AM   #8
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

I dont care if they dont have the full fledged mode in regular fifa games but atleast give us the tournament format. Fifa 10 comes with most of the national teams which is awesome. But a friend and I wanted to play a tournament style like the WC and nothing. I was bummed out. I bough fifa 10 as noob a few months back and it got me hooked on the sport. ive watch ever cup match and i started to follow everton.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »