Home

2010 Fifa world cup questions

This is a discussion on 2010 Fifa world cup questions within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-20-2010, 07:18 PM   #1
Rookie

striper_43's Arena

OVR: 2
2010 Fifa world cup questions

I'm having trouble with my defense in this game. I'm using the US against algeria and algeria is just "through-passing" right past my last defenders. This leads to a breakaway and usually a goal. Has anybody found a good way to defend.

Also having trouble keeping the ball. When the opposing team has it, it seems very hard to get it off them. When i have it, the cpu takes it off me a lot. Can anybody help with this? (note: playing on pro difficulty, semi-pro was too easy)

Also wanted to see what camera angles everyone's using in this game/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2010, 07:57 PM   #2
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: 2010 Fifa world cup questions

On FIFA 10, I only play WC with friends, to defend through balls you need to take control of the guy in front of the ball and use keep him between the opponent and any target you think he might pass to while you get closer and go for a tackle. Also if the through ball goes too far and is near the keeper have him charge and he will run up and dive for the ball.

Ball movement, don't sprint constantly/use knock ons too much, and knowing how to time a sprint/knock on combo when a defender is closing in on you will help you a lot. If you wait until the last second to both sprint and knock on the defender will be left behind you and you can stop the sprint/knock on after to save energy unless you have a decent attempt at goal. If you are just a tad bit late you will usually pick up a foul and get a free kick but if you time it way too late it is a giveaway. Also making use of the calling for run control will let you tell your AI to move a man forward if you need help.

I used Widescreen for the longest time but I have recently switched to Sideline with height and zoom about halfway. It gives me a better view of crosses and I am closer to the action so I have a lot better reaction time when things get crowded.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:09 AM   #3
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecrae
On FIFA 10, I only play WC with friends, to defend through balls you need to take control of the guy in front of the ball and use keep him between the opponent and any target you think he might pass to while you get closer and go for a tackle. Also if the through ball goes too far and is near the keeper have him charge and he will run up and dive for the ball.
Excellent advice. And, to build on this, while controlling your defender in front of an attacker - to mitigate his next play - use the call 2nd defender feature to apply direct pressure.

This has tremendously helped my defense.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:04 AM   #4
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randiesel
Excellent advice. And, to build on this, while controlling your defender in front of an attacker - to mitigate his next play - use the call 2nd defender feature to apply direct pressure.

This has tremendously helped my defense.
Be careful though and watch who the 2nd defender is, if it is someone on your back line or currently marking someone stop the call and try again after play has moved away. Even if you are in front of the guy, if the defender who is directly guarding the man you are preventing comes to help out it makes it very easy for him to ship it over you and to his teammate. Try it offline first and work out the timing it takes to intercept. Having a friend in practice mode makes this very easy but if you dont then you can try doing practice mode against AI with both teams on the field and watch how the AI will play defense when a through ball goes in (just stay on a striker while the play goes and stay in the back).
Old 06-21-2010, 07:50 AM   #5
Rookie

striper_43's Arena

Thanks for the help guys. I got the game a few days ago so I guess I'll just keep playing until I know the game's tendencies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2010, 07:55 AM   #6
Rookie

striper_43's Arena

Also wanted to see how the online modes are in this game. Haven't tried it yet, and I won't until I get better at the game. Does it have much lag playing on the ps3?
Old 06-21-2010, 08:00 AM   #7
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

sorry, I got 360, but in most cases lag is just dependent on if the game has just been released or you have slow internet/going wireless (wireless isn't siginificant but plugging directly in gives better results)

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »