Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Demo Available Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Demo Available Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2010, 07:13 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Demo Available Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

All I have to add is how ORGANIC the game feels. I said in another forum, how FIFA 10 had predictable moments. Tackles, headers with big tell players, crosses and so on. That didn't mean scoring a goal was predictable but at times you knew exactly what was going to happen. Case in point, if you were peppering the CPU and the GK kicked it long, if you had a tall strong CB you could head the ball safely to your team and reset the attack. Predictable moments like this are gone.

I can't say this for any footie game I've ever played, but I actually had to concede ground to players like Ronaldo or Drogba. If they get by you, you really can't make that up. And that eliminates the charge tackles, the CPU (good players) will get by you most of the time.

For the first time in a football game, I could actually play to shut down passing lanes and space, instead of spring tackling the whole game.

I hope the final version is close to this quality and they don't screw it up. And I hope we'll get more "sloppy" play when you fire up a game like Hibs v Aberdeen.

All in all, I'm not one bit underwelmed with FIFA. FIFA 10 was good but was missing that special something. We'll see how FIFA 11 turns out.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:50 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 2
wow just played the PC version and i'm amazed at how far FIFA has really come, i had always played the PES series on the PC, but FIFA 11 has won me over

+ very fluid, love the gameplay
+ amazing graphics
+ speed at slow makes it feel life-like

- opposing goalie was bad (maybe need to set higher difficulty)

the PES 2011 demo was a big let down, was really hoping it was going to be better than FIFA.. owell
Old 09-15-2010, 08:22 PM   #59
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Good stuff. By far the best FIFA to date although there is a lot of the same old FIFA in there - both the good and bad. I just love the player interaction and jostling. Just fabulous. Passing is also better but many players are still too accurate. Wish I would see more of the 'personality' thing in the passing and defense.

Individual AI (especially friendlies) is improved. This was always my biggest grief with FIFA and it seems to be addressed. Maybe not perfect but much improved. AI has always been one of FIFA's Achilles heals. Sadly it is still a heal for the AI game plan; there is no ball control - just push push push.

Speed is a tad fast but I don't think it is crazy fast like some are claiming.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:33 PM   #60
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
I posted this on another site:

After playing both demos I have to say I prefer PES this year and I haven't said that in a few years

I am going to mention a few things that have already been mentioned but here goes.

1.I do feel a difference in passing with better players but maybe not as much personality + though.

2. the game speed on slow seems about to be the same as the default in the PES demo and times still seems a bit fast.

3. There isn't as much spacing in midfield compared to PES which someone else mentioned.

4. I still like the crossing better in PES and dare I say I actually like the new passing in pes compared to fifa as well.

5. All manual seems better this year.

6. It still way too easy to press X and run through a player and take the ball.

It is improved on Fifa 10 and the WC game but not as much I would have liked. If you liked the past games you will like this. 3 minute halves are not long enough to get a true sense. I am going to give it more time like I did the PES demo but right now I prefer PES.
I absolutely agree with all of this.

One thing I love with PES is the passing, and the hud in general. It is a lot more natural than FIFA imo, and it is definitely something EA can improve.

At the risk of comparing this demo too much to PES, the tractics screen in FIFA just seems out dated now. PES' system is so revolutionary. Definitely a major selling point for me.

I'll have to look long and hard at the improvements to career mode, but it looks that PES is my game of choice this year. Who knows, though, maybe with longer halves this game will be better.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:36 PM   #61
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17
At this rate, the actual game might be out before this slow download finishes. It is almost putting me to sleep.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2010, 09:30 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 2
for fifa vets, how has the "franchise/manager" mode been?

what i always loved about PES was that mode.. the ability to sell and buy players was always fun.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:02 PM   #63
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Just played the demo for about an hour. Pro diff, semi controls, slow speed. The CPU defense seems a lot tougher. It was stupidly easy to take the ball on D though.

Seemed like shooting was a bit harder than in WC 2010. Not sure if that was something they changed or not.

To me the game seemed a bit slower, but for some reason a bit sluggish on the controls. It just didn't feel as tight as WC 2010 for some reason.

All in all, still not sold on buying this one. Probably wait until a price drop if I do pick it up, or just borrow it from a friend.

PSN: dsavbeast
Old 09-15-2010, 10:07 PM   #64
MVP

stizz's Arena

OVR: 16

How do you do the shootout at the end of the match?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »