Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Demo Roundtable

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Demo Roundtable within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2010, 08:48 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 17
Tough crowd to please. I don't know how the gameplay isn't talked about more. This is probably the most organic feeling football game to date and I've played them all -- all the way back to WE6(import).

For the first time, there seem to be no predictable outcomes. I don't mean in the final scoreline but in moments that occur many times during one game.

Headers - Last year, if you had some one tall and big, you could win the ball 99% of the time. Now it's truly 50/50 as it should be.
Tackles - There's so much more variety to tackling. And there's no sure thing, you can rush a dribbler and hope to win the ball. And when you do tackle that ball could end up anywhere. Unlike last year, where either you or the CPU came away with the ball. I've had times where the ball goes to a dead area while both players go down.
Shooting- Couldn't be more impressed with the ball physics here. The ball has weight, curve and seems realistically lively. If you spend any decent time just in the practice you really see the variety. I hope this translates to amazing free kicks and long shots.
Field space - much more improved. Last year, it felt like giants playing on 5-a-side pitch.

The only thing that doesn't seem changed is the ability of the goal keepers. In one-on-one situations they are vulnerable. But I think they are able to stop long shots too easily. We'll see in the full version.

Just really impressed with the game.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:16 PM   #10
All Star

JohnnytheSkin's Arena

OVR: 33
Curious as to why the controls NEED to change or have innovation? It's the same gripe some had with The Show. If it works, why change it? I don't WANT to learn new buttons or stick moves every year, I just want the buttons I press and moves I do to work flawlessly. Why mess with a good thing!?
Old 09-16-2010, 09:32 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4
I agree with JRod too about the tackling. I love the variety of it, especially when you hold A to tackle, or use the LT to face up and get in position to tackle, if you're player isn't in the perfect position for the tackle, they can still whiff and be left in the dust, unlike in FIFA10. I hated last year how online all you had to do was hold A and there was no repercussion, no real chance at fouling, never a card for a tackle with A and in the rare instance that you wouldn't win the ball with the "conservative" tackle, your player never went too far out of position. I love that now you have to make sure you time and choose your tackles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2010, 10:25 PM   #12
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15
@JRod - well said
Old 09-17-2010, 03:42 AM   #13
Rookie

cheesesteak's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Demo Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnytheSkin
Curious as to why the controls NEED to change or have innovation? It's the same gripe some had with The Show. If it works, why change it? I don't WANT to learn new buttons or stick moves every year, I just want the buttons I press and moves I do to work flawlessly. Why mess with a good thing!?
Not condoning it, but they do it to prevent complaints of them recycling content or not being innovative. It's like darned if they do, darned if they don't. That's how they think, at least, I assume.
Oregon State Beavers
Gonzaga Bulldogs
Old 09-17-2010, 04:30 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0
real smooth
Old 09-17-2010, 10:52 PM   #15
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6
I like the demo even though the halfs are to short. The animations look better and it's tougher to score, which is a good thing. I'm nitpicking here but I wish EA could find a way to get the names on the jersey to look better and get the jersey colors better.

Gameplay is what it's all about and it seems at this point that FIFA will yet again be in my collection come the 28th.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2010, 04:07 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Demo Roundtable

Am I the only person who wasn't the slightest bit impressed by the demo?

While the animations are fluid, it felt like I was ice skating rather than running. The game (at least on whatever the default setting is) was far too quick. Furthermore, the opposition AI was utterly brainless. Almost every time, they try to run the ball out of defence, where you can just pick it off and start attacking.

Four minute games suck arse too. Most people are going to buy the game, so why is EA being tight-arsed? Let us play a 10 minute game or something. That really annoyed me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »