Home

Club Chants Question

This is a discussion on Club Chants Question within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2010, 11:19 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Club Chants Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
I'm assuming that the files supported will be MP3's for ps3 and I think there's only a few scenarios where you can use them in, like pre-match, after a goal, and halftime. However, There seems to be a question as to whether or not you can have them play throughout the game. That would be a big no-no if that is the case.
I have the game pre-ordered, so once I get it and figure out the details I'll be posting chants for all teams for the EPL. I might do the MLS as well. I was hoping to get a head start but since I don't know the details of how it works I guess I'll have to wait. Hopefully an easily transferable file(s) can be made to share with other people.

And I agree with you, that would be pretty lame if the chants were only sung at those pre-set times and if that were the case I'm not even going to bother.

Last edited by DangerDanjo; 09-21-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:28 PM   #18
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerDanjo
I have the game pre-ordered, so once I get it and figure out the details I'll be posting chants for all teams for the EPL. I might do the MLS as well. I was hoping to get a head start but since I don't know the details of how it works I guess I'll have to wait. Hopefully an easily transferable file(s) can be made to share with other people.

And I agree with you, that would be pretty lame if the chants were only sung at those pre-set times and if that were the case I'm not even going to bother.
After doing some research I found this thread and it looks like we'll be good to go. Read the whole thread. Each scenario will have a playlist where, I am guessing, will play one of the songs on your playlist at random when one of the scenarios is triggered. I'm gonna start looking up some MLS clubs chants.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/f...-gameplay.html
Old 09-22-2010, 01:08 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
After doing some research I found this thread and it looks like we'll be good to go. Read the whole thread. Each scenario will have a playlist where, I am guessing, will play one of the songs on your playlist at random when one of the scenarios is triggered. I'm gonna start looking up some MLS clubs chants.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/f...-gameplay.html
Thanks for taking the time to post this!

As I now understand it, there will be:
  1. Audio for Stadium Entrance
  2. Audio for Team Goal
  3. Audio for Team Victory
  4. Audio for Team Defeat
  5. Audio for Crowd Chant
I like this but I'm concerned with #5. What exactly does this entail? It appears to me that you can have one audio track for in-game play. Is the same chant going to be played throughout the entire game or can we have more?

EDIT: I did indeed read the entire thread you posted as well as watched the videos in it. What makes you guess that a random song from a playlist will be selected? I understand it as you get one song for each scenario. If I'm wrong then I'm delighted; If I'm right I'm a bit disappointed. I like the game very much as-is so chants aren't a gamebreaker or anything but I would be underwhelmed to see a partially implemented feature.

EDIT2: I highly doubt this, but it would be the cherry on top to me if they coordinated the commentary with the crowd chants. For when the crowd is really at full throat the commentary would fade to the sound of the singing or speak more loudly. And maybe occasionally they would acknowledge it and stop talking.

Last edited by DangerDanjo; 09-22-2010 at 01:52 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:36 AM   #20
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

Quote:
Thanks for taking the time to post this!

As I now understand it, there will be:
  1. Audio for Stadium Entrance
  2. Audio for Team Goal
  3. Audio for Team Victory
  4. Audio for Team Defeat
  5. Audio for Crowd Chant
I like this but I'm concerned with #5. What exactly does this entail? It appears to me that you can have one audio track for in-game play. Is the same chant going to be played throughout the entire game or can we have more?

EDIT: I did indeed read the entire thread you posted as well as watched the videos in it. What makes you guess that a random song from a playlist will be selected? I understand it as you get one song for each scenario. If I'm wrong then I'm delighted; If I'm right I'm a bit disappointed. I like the game very much as-is so chants aren't a gamebreaker or anything but I would be underwhelmed to see a partially implemented feature.
Well, having a multiple song playlist for each scenario would be the ideal and logical thing for EA to do. NBA 2K allows you to put several songs for each scenario and it does in fact play them randomly when each scenario is triggered. However, you reminded me that this is EA afterall and the custom sounds in NCAA Football if I remember correctly only allowed one song per "playlist". I hope it's not that limited.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:49 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Well, having a multiple song playlist for each scenario would be the ideal and logical thing for EA to do. NBA 2K allows you to put several songs for each scenario and it does in fact play them randomly when each scenario is triggered. However, you reminded me that this is EA afterall and the custom sounds in NCAA Football if I remember correctly only allowed one song per "playlist". I hope it's not that limited.
I think it is. It would also be great if they added more scenarios like for goal kicks and corners for example. It's for sure a nice feature and moving in the right direction but how hard could it have been to add some more thought to the process? Sorry to be negative but to see the full potential and not reach for it boggles my mind. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 12:23 AM   #22
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

So, MP3's on PS3...any chance it'll be that easy on 360?
Old 09-23-2010, 01:04 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUglyOrgan
So, MP3's on PS3...any chance it'll be that easy on 360?
I don't think we know for sure how it's going to work because we can't access the chants in the demo. My guess is that it will be the same format for both the PS3 and XBOX360.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:18 AM   #24
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

Quote:
I don't think we know for sure how it's going to work because we can't access the chants in the demo. My guess is that it will be the same format for both the PS3 and XBOX360.
well if it's like NCAA, on 360 you had to burn your files to a CD and then load that cd in your 360 and rip the files. Was a major PITA! PS3 is much easier with usb transfer ability.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »