Home

FIFA 11 Career/Manager Mode Discussion and Impressions

This is a discussion on FIFA 11 Career/Manager Mode Discussion and Impressions within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2010, 01:05 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: FIFA 11 Career/Manager Mode Discussion and Impressions

So I'm the only one who can't make squad changes in Career Mode with Arsenal? I've deleted several career modes and started over, and every time I make a substitution (not in game, in game works) the game freezes.

I started up career modes with 2 other teams, and they work perfectly fine.

Back to Arsenal, my favorite team, and the freezes come in again. No matter what I do. This is the 4th attempt to start a new career mode with Arsenal.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:43 AM   #74
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

STILL haven't been able to get this game. Probably not for another two weeks because I'm incredibly anal with my budget. I am an accountant after all.

Anyways, the progression thing raises a red flag for me. But I can look past it since I'll only be able to get through five seasons at the most. I play all my matches and like to make a team change or two in that time. Which is something that was rendered useless last year with the debt glitch.

I've reserved myself that no console game will ever come close to comparing to the depth of FM, and know that I'm spoiled by that amazing game.

Despite the minor shortcomings, I will definitely be getting this game eventually because it plays very well on the pitch without the need to customize the game to get the teams and leagues I want.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:48 AM   #75
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Reading about the broken progression makes me not even want to finish my MM now. Damn.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2010, 03:05 AM   #76
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeism89
I agree, I'm having problems with progression as well. I played Jack Wilshere and Aaron Ramsey as much as any player on the team and neither have progressed at all. They are still 75 and 77 respectively. How is this not enraging everyone, if I can't progress guys like Wilshere whats the point of Manager Mode.
It's not enraging because it's expected. This is a company that just had to scrap a major sports title because it was so bad. Outside of NHL, they are just not good at making sports games.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:53 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 0

The non progression is really annoying, is there any way you can set the levels of your player training like in fifa 10, because i can't seem to find an option in MM.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:36 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't have the game yet, but I've got a question: are those experiencing no progression SIMMING the majority of their games or PLAYING their games?

I play all my games in MM, so I'm wondering if actually playing your youngsters gets them to progress. Maybe the lack of progression is a glitch in the simulation engine, because I seem to remember a sports game in the past (maybe older versions of Madden?) where players didn't progress at all if you simmed.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:09 PM   #79
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

I've played all my games so far in my Arsenal manager career, and so far the only progression I believe is Clichy who has gone down -2. In a way, slightly realistic given his recent form, but he is only 25. Hmmmm.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:06 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Is Manager Mode better or worse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerazevedo
oh yeah, i forgot to add that. seriously it is insane that they don't have something in the game thats IN THE GAME. Isn't that EA Sports motto??
there not allowed to do it in the first season because of licensing problems. konami owns the rights to the UEFA champs league and cup. if EA were to put the teams in there in the first seaosn they would get sued simple as that

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »