Home

Custom Tournament/League's

This is a discussion on Custom Tournament/League's within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2010, 01:05 AM   #1
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Custom Tournament/League's

I think a few other people have mentioned they've made custom tournaments or have used the tournaments for actual league setups, so I figured we could share what we're doing, what teams, etc.

The reason I'm doing this, is that it keeps me busy until the patch (which hopefully fixes pressure and tackling) so I can then start a new CM.

I just set up a 64 team tournament. Eight teams in eight groups. Champions League format, just larger. Top four teams from each group advance. I'll post all 64 teams and the groups later.

One of the best things this year, is you can control 64 teams. So, I'm controlling each team, so I can play any game I'd like to. I plan on playing quite a few.

Has anyone else who has done this noticed injuries? Are they set up like CM? Will there be some that actually last?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2010, 11:57 AM   #2
Rookie

bjh909's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Custom Tournament/League's

Curious how this is going. How much customization is there? Can you assign which teams to which groups? Is the knockout round set up in a proper way (like world cup?). I use created tournament mode a LOT, and haven't bought the game yet, so I'm looking for some info on that.

That you can control ALL teams in a tournament is great, something that is about time in a FIFA game. Also are you playing every game or simming them? Can you set a game as CPU vs. CPU? Previous versions they wouldn't let you, if you controlled the team. So you were stuck with either controlling a team in a game, or just skipping past it and seeing a result. Did they change this so you can control the teams in the tourney, then set the controllers to the middle to let it be CPU vs CPU?
Old 10-12-2010, 01:02 PM   #3
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh909
Curious how this is going. How much customization is there? Can you assign which teams to which groups? Is the knockout round set up in a proper way (like world cup?). I use created tournament mode a LOT, and haven't bought the game yet, so I'm looking for some info on that.

That you can control ALL teams in a tournament is great, something that is about time in a FIFA game. Also are you playing every game or simming them? Can you set a game as CPU vs. CPU? Previous versions they wouldn't let you, if you controlled the team. So you were stuck with either controlling a team in a game, or just skipping past it and seeing a result. Did they change this so you can control the teams in the tourney, then set the controllers to the middle to let it be CPU vs CPU?
You have full customization of who is in what group. Not sure what you mean by knockout stage set up in the proper way. I set it up in the CL style, two legs.

So far, I've played each game. Six games so far, all four from the first group and two from the next. I'm trying to decide on how to pick who to control each time.

As for CPU vs CPU, not sure, but I'll test that out tonight.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:56 PM   #4
Rookie

bjh909's Arena

OVR: 5

Awesome, looking forward to seeing if CPU vs CPU is an option again. I don't know why they removed it... weird. EA did that with Madden too, which made my friends, who would put games on CPU vs CPU, then set lines and take bets... but I digress.

Sorry to sound jumbled, but for knockout phase, I just meant how the group stage bled into the knockout stage. I wonder how smart FIFA is... will it put all group winners vs. group runners-up? Will it avoid teams in the same group? Can you just customize the knockout bracket based on who's left? I suppose that last bit, you could just start a new tourney and fill it in...

I'm mostly interested in the CPU vs CPU bit... created tourneys are the only place you can use the two-leg setup... makes me wish you could edit in exhibition to reflect a scoreline, and therefore, change the way the teams play (they'd play from behind even if it's 0-0 because they're down 2-0 on aggregate).
Old 10-12-2010, 06:35 PM   #5
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh909
Awesome, looking forward to seeing if CPU vs CPU is an option again. I don't know why they removed it... weird. EA did that with Madden too, which made my friends, who would put games on CPU vs CPU, then set lines and take bets... but I digress.

Sorry to sound jumbled, but for knockout phase, I just meant how the group stage bled into the knockout stage. I wonder how smart FIFA is... will it put all group winners vs. group runners-up? Will it avoid teams in the same group? Can you just customize the knockout bracket based on who's left? I suppose that last bit, you could just start a new tourney and fill it in...

I'm mostly interested in the CPU vs CPU bit... created tourneys are the only place you can use the two-leg setup... makes me wish you could edit in exhibition to reflect a scoreline, and therefore, change the way the teams play (they'd play from behind even if it's 0-0 because they're down 2-0 on aggregate).
No CPU vs CPU in tournament mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2010, 05:11 PM   #6
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Here are the groups for my 64 team tournament. I let the computer auto select, and then only went and removed international teams and added big teams they left out. In retrospect, I should've done more editing, such as having second tier English sides in and not awful ones. Either way, it's a nice mix. Plus, those awful teams will not make it to the group stages.

Plus, by not messing with what the computer did, I get some interesting groups. Man U and Man City get to play twice for sure, very nice. I would say Group F is the group of death.

Currently, first round matches are done for Group A & B. Once all first round matches are complete, I'll post the standings.

Group A
FC Porto, Sparta Praha, Aston Villa, VFB Stuttgart, Liverpool, Sporting CP, Olympiakos CFP, Pachuca

Group B
Tottenham, Hamburger SV, CKSKA Moscow, Werder Bremen, Sampdoria, Palermo, Chelsea, Villarreal CF

Group C
AC Milan, Birmingham City, LOSC Lille, PSG, SL Benefica, Panathinaikos, Rubin Kazan, Fiorentina

Group D
Arsenal, West Ham United, AS Monaco FC, Real Madrid, Fenerbahce, Valencia, FC Basel, Zenit St. Petersburg

Group E
Bayer Leverkusen, Celtic, Wolfsburg, PSV, Besiktas, Boca Juniors, Club America, Lokomotiv

Group F
Schalke 04, Juventus, Roma, Marsille, Atletico Madrid, Galatasaray, Sevilla, Genoa

Group G
Manchester City, Manchester United, Inter Milan, Lazio, Bordeaux, Fulham, Athletic Club, FC Copenhagen

Group H
Blackburn Rovers, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Lyon, Ajax, Porto Alegre, Santos, Getafe

Last edited by Krebstar; 10-14-2010 at 05:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »