Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Patch Details

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Patch Details within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 09:00 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Patch Details, Arrives November 12th for PS3 and November 17th for

Why can't they do it like how NCAA did it with tuning patches rather then full game updates? You'd think AI pressure could bs adjusted via a simple tuning patch. So annoying to have to wait so f'n long...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2010, 09:32 AM   #26
Pro

Pielet's Arena

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbxwire
Why can't they do it like how NCAA did it with tuning patches rather then full game updates? You'd think AI pressure could bs adjusted via a simple tuning patch. So annoying to have to wait so f'n long...
Follow NHL not NCAA. NCAA has had what 3 tuners, while NHL puts them out every other week it appears.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:55 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Patch Details, Arrives November 12th for PS3 and November 17th for

XBox patch is out and is only 5MB. Played a quick 10 min half / World Class match with Liverpool v Blackburn.

- Seeing my AI teammates make automated runs including defenders overlapping on the wings and through the middle of the pitch. Was shocked when Skrtel made a nice run up the center.
- AI now will play backwards when you have a solid defensive position.
- Also seeing the AI be able to control the ball when the user attempts to tackle. Actually got beat into a 1v1 when I got tackle crazy with bringing in a second defender.
- Pressure seems more realistic. Actual have AI mids retreating into their own half to play defense and running right past Gerrard and Cole.
- IMO, the game feels more like football. Finding room to shoot, time on the ball is better (not perfect) and it doesn't feel like a button-mashing tackle-fest.

Have not tried anything with Career Mode yet but will this weekend. Also make sure you get the latest form updates as I see changes there that may have some effect.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:12 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Surprise Surprise.

EA releases a "non-patch" in which they claim to have fixed numerous major issues, yet really fix close to nothing.

Micro-freezing? Untouched. Player growth? Untouched.

Shame on you, EA. But more importantly, shame on you, Operation Sports. For promoting false advertising, poor quality, and an overall culture of fraudulent and dishonest business practices.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #29
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by AS88AS88

Shame on you, EA. But more importantly, shame on you, Operation Sports. For promoting false advertising, poor quality, and an overall culture of fraudulent and dishonest business practices.
Get out of here with that bull****!
Old 11-12-2010, 10:15 AM   #30
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

Maybe I'm crazy but the game seems to play quite a bit different now. In a good way though, it seems like the over the top tackling has been tuned way down (though it's still not perfect). The cpu will actually possess the ball itself, while the pacing and passing just seem better. I can even use the ball in midfield now. Anyone else seeing these things?
Old 11-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LiverpoolRed~
Get out of here with that bull****!

As soon as Operation Sports releases an intellectually honest review of the game, I will gladly get out of here with that bull****.

If they instead offer positive reviews in order to maintain good relations with EASports, I will not.

As a game critic, your purpose is to be critical and provide objective reviews. At this, Operation Sports has failed and will continue to fail.

Why?

Because their #1 driver is profit. Thus, they sacrifice integrity, honesty, and objectivity so that they can earn more $ by saying nice things about EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2010, 10:40 AM   #32
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

Feeling like it's a lot easier --or at least more intuitive to build up an attack now. It seems like a combination of space, passing be tuned a bit, and AI teammates moving more incisively off the ball. I was just able to control the ball all through the midfield and had enough space to make a precision pass to my striker who was making a run toward goal. Very satisfying.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »