Home

Getting started with a CM ...

This is a discussion on Getting started with a CM ... within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2010, 08:38 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Thoughts/Questions as I progress through CM ...

OK ... the patch is here ... it is finally time to get going with a FIFA11 CM.

I was told to be player/manager so that my VP will stay with my team.

Any suggestions on how to get started on the right foot?

Key things I need to know about how CM(11) is different from MM(10)?

Thanks - I know many of you have already given lots of hours to this mode.

Last edited by SpHSpH; 11-15-2010 at 08:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2010, 10:05 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Getting started with a CM ...

One thing I have noticed ...

The sum of all of my players' contracts is $104900. But, in the budget allocation screen, it thinks my total team wages are $123400. This is a difference of $18500. This is more than 2x my highest paid player.

My starting wage budget is $162800. I should have $57900 available ... but the game thinks I only have $39400 ... this is a pretty substantial difference for my League One level team.

Is there something else that gets factored into "total team wages"?
Old 11-12-2010, 11:18 PM   #3
Pro

Another question ...

What should I be thinking about when I am choosing between "buying" a player and "loaning" a player? I know that with BUY I have to pay [transfer fee + wages] but the player will stay with my team (and I can sell him later if he improves). I know that with LOAN I only have to pay [wages] but I have to return the player to his original team at the end of the season.

And with my own players ... if I SELL a player - I will receive a transfer fee and I will not have to pay his wages ... if I LOAN a player - I will not receive any transfer money but I will not have to pay the player wages (and the player will return to me at the end of the season).

Is there any strategy with this decision?
Old 11-13-2010, 08:49 AM   #4
Pro

Pielet's Arena

OVR: 12
For the wage discrepancy, it's probably the value of the players you have loaned out plus your salary.

As for when to loan versus buy. In real life loans usually have an option to buy which isn't in the game. Typically I will look at the player growth screen. Those who they say to play a lot who won't play on my team due to not being good enough I will loan out for a full season. Those who have capped out who stink, I sell.

I then look at the squad page and set my lineup and reserves. From here I can get an idea of what my teams needs are. I can also see if who may or may not be expendable (ie older players with larger contracts who may sit on the bench). Based on what I need then I will go and buy and loan players. Starting new I can tell you the best player to loan in is usually Jack Wilshire who is a CAM and is a 75 overall. The other loans are typically lower than that. If you are constrained by transfer budget then loan, vice versa then buy.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:36 AM   #5
Pro

=====
For the wage discrepancy, it's probably the value of the players you have loaned out plus your salary.
=====

I am still paying the wages of the players that I have loaned out? How can I find if any of my players are currently on loan with another team? I can go to the contracts page - and I see that there are two players on my current roster who are listed as "loaned in" (so these are not MY players - I have to give them back at the end of the season). But I do not see anything anywhere about players that I have "loaned out" (who will return to my team at the end of the season). I understand that, during the summer transfer window, I can elect to loan out some of my roster ... but, at the initial start of my CM, I do not think that I have anyone out on loan.

If I do loan a player out ... I do *not* have to pay his wages during the season (right?) - but I do not receive a transfer fee from the team that I loan him to. So why would "players that I have loaned out" create an unfavorable discrepancy in my wages? Loaning a player out should give me MORE wages remaining to spend on transfers - yes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2010, 09:38 AM   #6
Pro

Also ...

If I empty my transfer budget during the summer transfer window - will I be left with nothing in the January transfer window? I do not get another set of money at the beginning of the next window - right? So, I should (sort of) keep some of my transfer funds in reserve for January adjustments?

Thanks.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:13 AM   #7
Pro

Pielet's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
=====
=====

I am still paying the wages of the players that I have loaned out? How can I find if any of my players are currently on loan with another team? I can go to the contracts page - and I see that there are two players on my current roster who are listed as "loaned in" (so these are not MY players - I have to give them back at the end of the season). But I do not see anything anywhere about players that I have "loaned out" (who will return to my team at the end of the season). I understand that, during the summer transfer window, I can elect to loan out some of my roster ... but, at the initial start of my CM, I do not think that I have anyone out on loan.

If I do loan a player out ... I do *not* have to pay his wages during the season (right?) - but I do not receive a transfer fee from the team that I loan him to. So why would "players that I have loaned out" create an unfavorable discrepancy in my wages? Loaning a player out should give me MORE wages remaining to spend on transfers - yes?
Depends. Some loans the owning team may or may not pay some of the salary. The game though usually has the loaned team pick up the salary.

To see your loaned out players, look at your Squad, they are at the bottom of that screen.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:14 AM   #8
Pro

Pielet's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
Also ...

If I empty my transfer budget during the summer transfer window - will I be left with nothing in the January transfer window? I do not get another set of money at the beginning of the next window - right? So, I should (sort of) keep some of my transfer funds in reserve for January adjustments?

Thanks.
If you keep winning the board may give you more money. You can also shift wage money to transfer kitty, etc up to 3x a year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »