Home

Just got FIFA 11

This is a discussion on Just got FIFA 11 within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2011, 03:39 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 19
Re: Just got FIFA 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblight24
I have an hour left before my lunchbreak and at that time I am either going to return FIFA '11 and get FIFA '10 or keep FIFA '11. As someone who is a casual soccer fan, but loves realism in a sports simulation, what should I do? I want to be able to see what's going on in other leagues and be able to switch teams as the years pass, from what I've heard that's only accessible in '11, is that true? I can get over that if the gameplay is better in '10. Thanks!
Did you play 2010 FIFA World Cup? You might find that cheap. The gameplay for all three is slightly different enough that it makes it hard to say which one is best. Both FIFA 11 and 2010 FWC are harder than FIFA 10. Of course 2010 FWC is tournament based, rather than looking at other league tables, and signing transfers. You play friendlies, you work your way through the stages, and decide who to keep and who to demote from the national squad along the way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2011, 09:04 PM   #42
Pro

goalie's Arena

OVR: 29

my third attempt at career mode (i selected MANAGER) - chose Everton and i think i am happy now...

unlike using the lower leagues, i can afford players i know - (i added Beckham because Everton was weak at RM)

wanted to buy Clint Dempsey for that spot, but Fulham wanted too much...

went 1-2 in my friendlies, to 0-2 losses and one 2-0 win...

in my first league match, went down 1-0 to Wolves, but Cahill scored a nasty header to tie it in the 60th minutes...

so my first league match is a draw, and on the road (albeit againsgt a weak squad) -

i am playing on PROFESSIONAL, and it is tough...
Old 01-04-2011, 06:18 PM   #43
MVP

boisejames's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm stating to win some! Since my last post I won three in a row then lost to the number 1 team in the league then drew a couple and won one. Still hanging around ten to twelve on the table. Right now I'm 12-14-9 after 35 games played - 50 points - ten on the table. seven, eight, and nine on the table all only have one more point than me though. It's gonna be an awesome back stretch to try to get into the playoff, I'm pretty much out of chances for the top 3.

I pretty much just try to get the ball to my strikers now and do a give and go and a through ball to get a break away. Still can't place a cross properly.

I did manage a transfer. Got a striker and he is now my best player by a few points. I used most of my money on him though. lol
MLB: SEA
EFL: BHA
MLS: POR
Old 01-04-2011, 08:31 PM   #44
Pro

goalie's Arena

was excited to get home and play more of my season - everton and WBA was on deck...

and, tim howard got pummelled in a 4-0 loss!

i was kinda devastated...

a few hours later i figured i'd play one more, see if i can handle professional at all...

lo and behold, i scored early, and held on for a 1-0 win over Sunderland...

so 1-1-1 (-3 gd) is not terrible, though i havent really played a big team yet...
Old 01-05-2011, 05:04 PM   #45
Pro

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie
was excited to get home and play more of my season - everton and WBA was on deck...

and, tim howard got pummelled in a 4-0 loss!

i was kinda devastated...

a few hours later i figured i'd play one more, see if i can handle professional at all...

lo and behold, i scored early, and held on for a 1-0 win over Sunderland...

so 1-1-1 (-3 gd) is not terrible, though i havent really played a big team yet...

Generally I played just one game a day. Hard to make time for more. But I believe to improve, and win, it's as if you need to play two games back-to-back. It's as if the first game is a warmup. You also have to vary the pace of the attack, and your approach. Crosses from the wings, lobbed through balls, sprints for the goal, the midfield game, and slowing it down by allowing the defenders touches all have to be mixed in with a certain balance. The AI forces you to balance your tactics and your pace, or else they will frustrate you. Some games are terrible defeats. Others seem like you are fighting for your life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2011, 05:59 PM   #46
Pro

goalie's Arena

yea, i agree... i am only playing 6 min halves, just to have more games played in the time that i have available to play... so that means 2 games a day are certainly possible...

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »