Home

Old 01-09-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Transfers

I have just moved from my first to my second year. It is July 01 - and the transfer window is open until August 31. It seems like some leagues do not have anyone available for transfer. This is what I mean ...

=====
Transfers - Buy Players (this gets me to the search engine)

Transfer Status = Listed
League = nPower League 2 (for example)

I keep everything else at the default (i.e. any position / unlimited transfer fee / any age ... the MOST general search).
=====

And it tells me that there are no players who meet my search! I "fast-forward" to August 07 ... and try the same search again. And now there are ~8 players that are returned.

So ...

Does this mean that different leagues come "online" at different times in terms of players available for transfer? It seems like the Big5 leagues (EPL / SerieA / LaLiga / Ligue1 / Bundesliga) were the only ones with listed players on July 01 ... but other "smaller" leagues now show players on August 07 (actually - I moved forward more slowly ... and different leagues came "on" at different times). Some leagues are still "not on" (I cannot get anyone from MLS to show up).

I do not want to spend $$$ on a pricey EPL player if someone from a less expensive league will be available later during the transfer window. But, if I wait, the other CPU controlled teams ARE making transfers (they are only transferring players that I have seen as "available").

Has anyone else noticed this? Figured out a strategy?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2011, 07:29 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Transfers

Does it even matter if the player is "listed"?

Will this have any effect on his "sign-ability"?

I can still get it to show me League One players that are not "listed".

Should I just go after them anyway?

-----

And also ... any opinion on "Scout Picks"?
Old 01-10-2011, 03:00 PM   #3
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Generally, listed players are somewhat cheaper relative to their market value than non-listed players. Or in other words, you probably have to overpay for someone who is not transfer listed, particularly if they are in the other team's starting XI.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:36 PM   #4
Pro

But I could still acquire someone who is not "listed"? Worth a shot?

I have noticed three types of "negotiator" answers ...

(1) - The contract looks feasible ... go for it
(2) - This guy is in the starting 11 ... he will cost you $$$
(3) - The player just changed teams ... he is not able to move again

Are these the only choices?

- - - - -

And about my "when do leagues make their listed players known" question ... has anyone else noticed this? Should I just go after nPower League One guys that I want (even if they are not listed)? I wish that I had a more solid answer for this one.

-----

Oh ... and nice Hank Scorpio avatar ... "the Denver Broncos ... d'oh" ...
Old 01-10-2011, 09:42 PM   #5
Pro

And when I offer a player 20% bonus for goals / clean sheets ...

When do I actually pay out on that?

In FIFA10 - I think you were never actually accountable for the bonus money.

How does the game know to charge me 20% when a player scores a goal?

Is this in the salary? The player's wage does not change during the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2011, 06:20 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

No idea on the "Do leagues list players at different times?" and I haven't noticed anything on the bonus per goal/clean sheet (so to me it seems as if it responds the same way in which it did in FIFA10) Transfers however, if a player is listed, you can get away with submitting a transfer fee of 100-112.5% of their listed value and get the team to accept your offer. For non-listed players I never offer under 115% of the listed player value and have needed to go up to 135% of the listed value at times for the team to accept my offer.

While somewhat frustrating at times, I find that this years transfer system (when buying) is very accurate. Teams won't sell players within their first two years at the club, players reject a move to your team for various reasons that are very realistic, the one I was most pleased with was Messi rejecting my ludicrous salary offer because of his "increasing loyalty to his current club."

A bit more depth into the buying market could make the transfer system in FIFA12 close to perfect, but they have so much more work to do on the selling part of the transfer system that they should put almost no time into tweaking the buying.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:32 PM   #7
He can talk the talk

Salhus's Arena

OVR: 20

I would say 90 % of the players I buy are NOT listed. Couldn't tell you the price difference from buying a listed player over a non listed player.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:17 AM   #8
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbroom12
While somewhat frustrating at times, I find that this years transfer system (when buying) is very accurate... A bit more depth into the buying market could make the transfer system in FIFA12 close to perfect, but they have so much more work to do on the selling part of the transfer system that they should put almost no time into tweaking the buying.
I agree. Buying players is done rather well and aside from adding "bidding wars" with other clubs, it is a fairly good representation of the real transfer market. But as you said, selling players has a LONG way to go.

To start, we need to be able to set our own asking price for players. If we want to sell a player to get our wage bill down, we're currently resigned to hoping a team is willing to pay market value for him. Along those same lines, we should be able to counter offer once the CPU bids. I'm sure you guys have lots of other ideas on how to improve the system, as those are just two off the top of my head and I haven't put in multiple seasons of play like a lot of you have.

I think the biggest overall improvement would be to add more competition between teams for players. If I'm closing in on a signing, I want another club to come in with a larger offer and I want to know about it. Then I have to make a decision or possibly bow out if my budget is tight. While improved somewhat in this regard, CM still feels too "isolated"... tables for other leagues were great to see, but where is the transfer summary and perhaps a more thorough & detailed rumor round-up that isn't a one-time "headline"?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »