Home

A little Help...

This is a discussion on A little Help... within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #1
Rookie

unc04heels's Arena

OVR: 2
A little Help...

In FIFA 11 and forgive me because this is probably a dumb question. Can you play as a International team other than just exhibition matches? Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2011, 06:01 PM   #2
Rookie

JMUfootball's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: A little Help...

Hello heels, yes you can - but you'll need to use your imagination a little. FIFA doesn't come with the World Cup license (or for that matter Euro, Gold, Afr Cup of Nations, etc.)

To play in any sort of tournament setting with intl teams in stock FIFA, you'll need to create a custom tournament. I play FIFA '10 and not '11 so I won't be able to give you the steps specifically for '11, but I'm sure it will pretty self explanatory. Choose number of teams, how to populate them, rules on group stage, etc.

Stock version of FIFA comes with a pretty decent slate of international teams, so you should be able to create a pretty believable World Cup.

There is another option as well, but one I'm not too familiar with. In the Be A Pro mode, your player eventually gets called up to play for his national team, and I'm told -in FIFA '10 at least - that eventually you play World Cup qualifying and then a full World Cup (or some generic named tournament because again, lack of license). I'm in year 3 of my Be A Pro and have heard nothing for WC qualifying yet, only international friendlies, so I'm not sure if this feature works as advertised.

Finally, FIFA does also release a World Cup version of the game (sold separately at full retail) for each WC, and the reviews on the most recent one are pretty good. It has the depth of international teams that the stock version lacks, and apparently some noted gameplay improvements from '11.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:13 PM   #3
Rookie

unc04heels's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: A little Help...

Thanks so much. I'll try that out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »