Home

Casual soccer fan will i like FIFA 11 or 12 few questions

This is a discussion on Casual soccer fan will i like FIFA 11 or 12 few questions within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2011, 10:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Casual soccer fan will i like FIFA 11 or 12 few questions

I brought the last two world cup games, I don't follow the sport only when the world cup come around I get really into it. I had a ball with world cup south Africa and this year the woman's world cup, gold cup and copa America sparked my intrest again and really looking too get FIFA 12 which I would have no idea what the hell is going on with the teams, seasons leagues. A few questions too help me understand the game.

1. Does FIFA 11 have gold cup, copa America like tornaments with countries vs countries?

2. Do the game has neymar and ganso? Saw some games with them and they nice.

3. Would a very casual soccer futbal fan like me be completely overwhelmed or lost or will I have no problem picking things up (like leagues and such)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2011, 01:21 AM   #2
Rookie

JMUfootball's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Casual soccer fan will i like FIFA 11 or 12 few questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony01313
1. Does FIFA 11 have gold cup, copa America like tornaments with countries vs countries?

No. International tournaments have separate licenses and thus aren't in game. However, FIFA does come with over 32 International teams, and a custom Tournament creator, so you can design your own tournament with your own teams (even choose what the cup looks like) and play it all out.

2. Do the game has neymar and ganso? Saw some games with them and they nice.
Neymar is a little punk, but yes the game has fully accurate rosters for like a zillion leagues and 30-50 international teams.

3. Would a very casual soccer futbal fan like me be completely overwhelmed or lost or will I have no problem picking things up (like leagues and such)
Depends on your aptitude for learning new things. There are some linguistic differences, and some scheduling quirks of European leagues and tournaments (Home&Away aggregate, national cups midseason, points table), but overall a season is a season. If you're used to the NFL, MLB, etc, you're not going to get so lost that you won't enjoy it.
See answers within quote above. Also, more specifically to your last question, it seems like you very much enjoy international soccer but have never followed a league before. If you are in the U.S., have you thought about following MLS? It's a growing, exciting league, and has many similarities to leagues throughout the world; it's a good learning tool if you're interested in understanding league soccer better.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:40 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMUfootball
See answers within quote above. Also, more specifically to your last question, it seems like you very much enjoy international soccer but have never followed a league before. If you are in the U.S., have you thought about following MLS? It's a growing, exciting league, and has many similarities to leagues throughout the world; it's a good learning tool if you're interested in understanding league soccer better.
Thanks for the response!! Yes I am in the US, the MLS looks dry is hell on tv and never really tried to get into it I can watch some of the european teams I am able too pick it up because it's the best players in the world (Messi, kaka, Ronaldo and such) MLS looks like arena league while over seas looks like the NFL too me.

I may give FIFA a shot even though I mostly love the international parts of the sport. I am done with Madden, and NCAA is almost the same game as last year. I need another game too fill the slot.

Last edited by tony01313; 07-17-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:03 AM   #4
Rookie

JMUfootball's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony01313
I may give FIFA a shot even though I mostly love i the international parts of the sport. I am done with Madden, and NCAA is almost the same game as last year. I need another game too fill the slot.
Yup, EA Tiburon (studio that makes NCAA and Madden) is done. Lack of talent and innovation. So behind the times it's difficult to buy their games anymore (when I do I buy used so that I'm not directly funding their hack job operation). I think you'll find FIFA (and non EA games too) much more enjoyable.

As for the MLS, what makes it enjoyable for me at least is that rooting interest takes the place of world class talent. I have no rooting interest in foreign leagues...yes the talent is better overseas but I end up watching just for the beauty of the game. In MLS all the games have ramifications for my local team, and that emotional investment has a value in itself. I recommend you give it a chance - go to a game for your local team and you'll be hooked (hopefully you have a team with a strong fanbase nearby). That rooting interest will make you love soccer even more.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:55 AM   #5
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8

MLS is improving every day. It will be a major player in the world in 10-15 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2011, 04:57 PM   #6
Rookie

Mad 69's Arena

OVR: 10

Watching MLS is like going to the dentist - it's brutal (almost as bad as watching womens futbol) I wouldn't care if they removed them from the game, their almost as bad to play with as the Irish teams. I don't really follow any sports at all but I like playing the vid games. If anything playing the games might get you into the sports more.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:45 PM   #7
Rookie

JMUfootball's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad 69
Watching MLS is like going to the dentist - it's brutal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad 69
I don't really follow any sports at all but I like playing the vid games.
So you don't follow the sport, but watching it is brutal? Ok buddy.

If you're going to let your experience with MLS in FIFA video games shape your perception of MLS in real life, there's no reasoning with you.

MLS players have always been under-rated in FIFA video games because of the same lack of knowledge you are displaying, "It's MLS, it must be terrible."

Last edited by JMUfootball; 07-17-2011 at 05:49 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:26 PM   #8
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMUfootball
So you don't follow the sport, but watching it is brutal? Ok buddy.

If you're going to let your experience with MLS in FIFA video games shape your perception of MLS in real life, there's no reasoning with you.

MLS players have always been under-rated in FIFA video games because of the same lack of knowledge you are displaying, "It's MLS, it must be terrible."
Well said. Unfortunately that's the typical perception of our league. We'll get over it in a few years. I'm just happy I have a pro team literally down the street from me.

It's actually good to see EA boosted ratings on some deserving mls clubs and players with the most recent squad update.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »