Home

Official FIFA 12 Custom Team Tactics Thread

This is a discussion on Official FIFA 12 Custom Team Tactics Thread within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2011, 01:18 PM   #9
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Official FIFA 12 Custom Team Tactics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbxwire
I hate to sound like a moron but where do you go to apply this to your opponent? On the Pre game screen? Team management in the main menu and save the squad?
You don't sound like a moron but it is team management menu with edit squad.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:56 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

So you apply this before you start your franchise to the different teams and save the squad file? Any hope if you've already started your franchise?
Old 09-28-2011, 02:23 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbxwire
So you apply this before you start your franchise to the different teams and save the squad file? Any hope if you've already started your franchise?
after loooking at it some it seems as if you could simply choose to start career mode with the option of a 2nd controller (when setting up career mode you can choose to enable it) and then assign that to your oponent and then go into team management and change the tactic.

If you then put the controller to neutral and later go back it still shows the newly-assigned tactic.

should work, right ? Would have the advantage of actually being able to change team playstyles as the years go by (as teams change personell so should their playstyle)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2011, 02:25 PM   #12
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whomario
after loooking at it some it seems as if you could simply choose to start career mode with the option of a 2nd controller (when setting up career mode you can choose to enable it) and then assign that to your oponent and then go into team management and change the tactic.

If you then put the controller to neutral and later go back it still shows the newly-assigned tactic.

should work, right ? Would have the advantage of actually being able to change team playstyles as the years go by (as teams change personell so should their playstyle)
I was wondering this as well, and hopefully this would work. There still is a lack of team tactic space which sucks, but this is something. I wonder if the PC version could be modded to expand on the number of slots available....
Old 09-28-2011, 03:48 PM   #13
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whomario

Yes, this should work as it did in previous years. In FIFA10, I did manager modes both ways (and sometimes a combination):

1. Assign CTTs to all desired teams prior to starting career mode. This is done via the main menu/team management route. It can be a big project, but once it's done, it's done. Tactics can be altered later by editing the specific CTT; eg, I assign CTT10 to Stoke, Blackburn, and some Championship teams from the main menu before starting my career. Any time I edit CTT10 in the future, those changes will be present in that career mode.

2. Use a second controller to access your opponent's team management screen prior to the match. This option must be enabled when starting a career. With this method, I could assign any tactics/formation/subs I saw fit for that match. This was helpful when the AI used out of position or overly fatigued players (10?). But my favorite part was the freedom to consider the situation; eg, your opponent has a healthy lead after the first leg of a cup match... with this method, you can set them up to play defensively, as a real team most likely would. You could select from pre-saved generic tactics, or create a custom one for each match by repeatedly overwriting one or more CTT slots. Similar to 30-team control in The Show, this approach isn't for everyone since you can heavily influence how a game plays (which is also the appeal). It also requires some time prior to each match, so it can slow you down if you like to play a lot of games in one session.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:31 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Building on the 2 generic styles that Krebstar provided, this is what I have planned to apply for my CM so far. Any alterations (either to specifics of the CTT or the teams I have attached) that you guys would change, let me know as I unfortunately can't watch as much soccer as I would like and haven't seen full play styles of all teams.

Stoke/Blackburn/Sunderland/WBA/Swansea/Wigan/Norwich -
Build Up
Organized
Chance
Organized
Defense
Cover

Villa/Fulham/QPR
Build Up
Organized
Chance
Free Form
Defense
Offside Trap

Everton/Newcastle/Bolton/Wolves
Build Up
Organized
Chance
Organized
Defense
Cover

Want to be a little more accurate with the rest of the top teams (Using Krebstar's Arsenal one as well) Will most likely try to base Tottenham and Man U style off the generic Counter Attack mould built into the game. Would love to see any CTT for Liverpool, Chelsea and City from you guys as well.

Last edited by misterbroom12; 09-28-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:34 PM   #15
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm posting a Chelsea one in a bit.

EDIT: Actually, for now it might be a bit longer. Going to try and go back and revisit what was done for 10 and see how we can apply it this year. Arsenal and Chelsea are now in the 2nd post, though.

Last edited by Krebstar; 09-28-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2011, 01:35 PM   #16
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

I don't have the game yet, but will be getting it possibly as soon as tonight. By the weekend for sure.

Kreb PM'd me about Liverpool and I'd be happy to add more and test once he's got one figured. Looking forward to helping out with some of these. I'll only be able to add useful input for the Prem.

misterbroom - I wouldn't lump Swansea or Sunderland in with those teams if I were you. They play a more open style than those teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »