Home

Tweaks that appear to help the no-foul issue

This is a discussion on Tweaks that appear to help the no-foul issue within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2011, 03:54 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Tweaks that appear to help the no-foul issue

Don't know if people have slowed down their game-playing tendencies to notice. But with the default FIFA 12 game settings, it's possible to simply dribble one's way thru the entire CPU team, even on Legendary difficulty and when playing against the top teams. Reminiscent of NFL 2K5's QB sneak glitch which allowed one to gain 5-10 yards on every single QB sneak, and to march all the way upfield for a TD every time, lol.

So in an effort to see if I could somehow fix all that, I cranked up the CPU team's Pressure and Aggression tactics to 100. I then set the CPU Man Marking slider to 100 as well, and then played a game. Well, I could no longer dribble upfield untouched -- in fact, I could barely move a step without being mugged! And I was surprised as poop to see the ref hand out 5 fouls plus a yellow in the first 8 minutes of the game to a suddenly crazy-aggressive CPU team.

Can fixing the no-foul issue really be this easy? Here's hoping as I experiment some more.

Last edited by peigone; 10-13-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2011, 08:48 AM   #2
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Tweaks that appear to help the no-foul issue

Using precision dribbling helps draw fouls on bumps and nudges vs the CPU.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:09 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Using precision dribbling helps draw fouls on bumps and nudges vs the CPU.
Right, I've been seeing that myself. That will draw a few fouls a game. But a proper game has a couple dozen fouls happening. PES has that part of their game right.

Now what I was surprosed to discover is that on default settings, I could dribble with one player from one end of the pitch to the other, and the CPU would seldom make any serious attempt to take the ball away. And this was on Legendary difficulty.

So part of the issue with the lack of fouls is that default aggression settings in the game are simply not high enough. That includes team aggression ratings, individual player aggression ratings, and sliders that cause the CPU to act more aggressively. Start tweaking all that and the number of fouls and cards starts to increase noticably. And more importantly, they increase to more realistic and acceptable levels.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:10 AM   #4
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

I set all my CTT's aggression at 100 when testing them and I barely ever noticed difference. A slight one, but not much. The issue is that for us to fix it, we must take the gameplay from one extreme to another, which sucks.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:35 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
I set all my CTT's aggression at 100 when testing them and I barely ever noticed difference.
What is CCT? CPU teams' Pressure and Aggression tactics set to 100 makes a huge difference as far as whether or not CPU players go after you in your end and/or when you're dribbling the ball.

With the default tactics settings for even the top rated teams, you can walk from one end of the pitch to the other without being touched, even on the highest difficulty. Set them at 100 and CPU players are on top of you the moment you touch the ball. However, you also how to bump up the CPU Man Marking slider to see max pressure. And that's one of the reasons so few fouls are called -- those default settings are just too low.

Just 2-3 minutes after I posted my last post, I played another test game against Man U (my aggressive test team). Five minutes into the game, they had two fouls called against them and Rooney was booked for a yellow. That's three yellow cards against the CPU in four test games I've played, yesterday and today. Before that, I saw exactly two yellows called against the CPU in the two weeks I played the game previously.

Last edited by peigone; 10-14-2011 at 01:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2011, 05:34 PM   #6
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
What is CCT? CPU teams' Pressure and Aggression tactics set to 100 makes a huge difference as far as whether or not CPU players go after you in your end and/or when you're dribbling the ball.

With the default tactics settings for even the top rated teams, you can walk from one end of the pitch to the other without being touched, even on the highest difficulty. Set them at 100 and CPU players are on top of you the moment you touch the ball. However, you also how to bump up the CPU Man Marking slider to see max pressure. And that's one of the reasons so few fouls are called -- those default settings are just too low.

Just 2-3 minutes after I posted my last post, I played another test game against Man U (my aggressive test team). Five minutes into the game, they had two fouls called against them and Rooney was booked for a yellow. That's three yellow cards against the CPU in four test games I've played, yesterday and today. Before that, I saw exactly two yellows called against the CPU in the two weeks I played the game previously.
CTT = Custom Team Tactics.

I always had pressure set fairly low, so that could be the key. However, if both of those setting on high reverts back to the pressure of the last few years, it's not worth it. If the AI still plays realistically, but aggressively, then it's a different story.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:30 PM   #7
Prince of Plakata

Jolly Roger's Arena

OVR: 0

This does seem to work. The CPU gets about 5 fouls per game on 10 minute halves. The only problems are:

(a) Your AI teammates don't collect any fouls.

(b) It's really easy to score breakaway goals because the CPU is playing such aggresive, high-line defense.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:48 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger
This does seem to work. The CPU gets about 5 fouls per game on 10 minute halves. The only problems are:

(a) Your AI teammates don't collect any fouls.

(b) It's really easy to score breakaway goals because the CPU is playing such aggresive, high-line defense.
(a) Fouls on your team are dependent on your play and aggressiveness. Nothing to do with the CPU setup unless I'm misunderstanding you here.

(b) Well, I play on legendary and I struggle just to get the ball in and around the CPU's goal. And if I manage to get an actual shot I feel like I accomplished something special, lol. So again, entirely dependent on you, and your settings and difficulty level. That's the beauty of having sliders this year fortunately. The other thing is the CPU backline traditionally plays too far up in FIFA. To make these aggression changes, one has to create custom tactics for the team anyway. So just move the CPU D line back where it should be via the custom formation feature, save that as well, and problem solved.

And yes, I'm seeing 5-8 CPU fouls a game on 15 minute halves. And the CPU got another yellow this afternoon, that's 4 in 5 games. Before I switched to this setup, I saw two CPU cards in two weeks as I said.

Last edited by peigone; 10-14-2011 at 07:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »