Home

What does a more expensive scout do?

This is a discussion on What does a more expensive scout do? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
What does a more expensive scout do?

Does he scout more players, better players, provide more feedback, more accurate feedback?

How do I fire a scout?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
Retar Crew

Antec's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: What does a more expensive scout do?

He scouts more players. My 1 star scout adds 2 prospects per month. The best scout adds somewhere between 4-6.

They are probably more accurate but I'm not sure on that.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:33 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antec
He scouts more players. My 1 star scout adds 2 prospects per month. The best scout adds somewhere between 4-6.

They are probably more accurate but I'm not sure on that.
Thanks for the reply.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:37 PM   #4
Rookie

i picked man city because of all the money they had, bought a bunch of slaves and 3 double five star scouts. they don't really provide great youth players but i buy the 14 year old superstars everytime. gotta get them young. and most of the time its not the best player in the bunch, and the scout doesnt recommend any players that youd expect to be worthwhile. only in my second year, so i dont know if they will be any good. but if you have the money why not buy the best scout you can get. who knows if the cheaper scouts do worse or as good or better.

cherry popped.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:15 PM   #5
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

im new to this game, kind of a follow up question to the scouting.

what is the best way to progress your young players? i loaned a couple out thinking that maybe they would progress by playing on another team, however they did not progress at all ;(

also ive recruited several young stars but most of them ended up being mid fielders, more then i need. should i be selling these guys off early? or develop them and sell them ?

not trying to hijack the thread of course, but didnt think this needed its own, since naturally the op question and these kinda go hand in hand.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2011, 01:25 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

they scout more players and scout better talent as well, I sent a 5* scout to England to look for strikers and returned with 5 guys with potential 70-90, I sent a 1* scout to Germany to scout defenders and returned with 3 guys with potential 50-75. Both guys were gone on 6 month assignments I believe, i've since fired the 1* scout and hired another 5* scout.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:27 AM   #7
Rookie

What has been your best signed player?

I have signed a couple of dozen youth player and once they are eligible to play I sign them up and release them if they are below 60ovr.

So far my best prospect is a LB that came in at 68ovr at 17 and is now 73 three seasons later.

I also signed a striker that progressed to 70 but I lost him due to the contract bug.

I wish when you loaned out players it would tell you the likelihood of your loanee to get significant playing time in order to progress while on loan.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoCares?
What has been your best signed player?

I have signed a couple of dozen youth player and once they are eligible to play I sign them up and release them if they are below 60ovr.

So far my best prospect is a LB that came in at 68ovr at 17 and is now 73 three seasons later.

I also signed a striker that progressed to 70 but I lost him due to the contract bug.

I wish when you loaned out players it would tell you the likelihood of your loanee to get significant playing time in order to progress while on loan.
Im with Eintracht Frankfurt and my 5* scout has pulled in a bunch of Mid 60's. He got two guys who are regular starters for me though. A GK who came in at a 70 and in his 3rd year age 19 I believe is up to a 75. He also got a striker who came in as a 72 and is up to 77 at the start of his third year. He led the Bundesliga in goals last season.

Edit: Both came from scouting in Germany. I have gotten upper level players elsewhere though too. I seem to find alot of success in Argentina, Spain and England. Lesser success in Italy, Netherlands (scouts home country) and Brazil.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »