Home

Youths developing skill moves

This is a discussion on Youths developing skill moves within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2011, 04:44 PM   #1
Rookie

rjv3's Arena

OVR: 0
Youths developing skill moves

Y'all,

I apologize if this has been asked and answered before but I couldn't find it in my search:

Do youths that you scout+sign develop skill moves or are they stuck at the level you discovered them? I.E. if I sign a 15-year old, 71-91 potential ST to my youth squad who currently has 2* skill moves, will he have 2* skill moves when he's 26/in his prime or is there a chance that his skill moves will develop into 4*? I also have the same question about weak foot ability?

I haven't played CM long enough to see this sort of development so I was hoping y'all could help me out. Something tells me that skill move and weak foot ratings are set in stone but I was hoping someone out there has seen otherwise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2011, 12:06 AM   #2
Banned

BestServedCold's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Youths developing skill moves

I think they improve, but I cannot give a definite answer.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:42 PM   #3
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

OVR: 9

Skill moves are based on the dribbling and ball control ratings. If they get into the 70s or 80s, they move into 3 star range. However, I haven't played my career with Bayern Muchen long enough to see this.
"There are enough flaws with this game (NCAA 10) as it is w/o people believing that the game will rape your girlfriend, knock up your mom and steal your identity before jumping out the window screaming..."Season Showdown Rules, Bitchesssssssss!"
- DonohoFlnkr
Old 11-06-2011, 07:16 PM   #4
Rookie

madmax17's Arena

OVR: 6

No, not really.

I have a 17 year old Brazilian, nice agility, speed and acc., his ball control and dribbling are 88 and 82 BUT his skill moves have 1 star, it makes no smegging sense. As such he is practically useless to me.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:05 AM   #5
Rookie

rjv3's Arena

OVR: 0

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to keep monitoring as my Youths progress and see if I notice any changes...so far I'm not seeing anything. It may take a bit but I'll report back once I get into year 5 (I'm in the middle of year 3).

Also, I managed to find a good prospect (CB) who's weak-foot rating was 5* which leads me to believe that those ratings never change. Whatever weak-foot rating your Youths have is likely what it will be their entire career.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2011, 12:41 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

From this post, which is a great read if you are scouting in career mode. Weak foot ability can increase, but very slowly. Skill rating is static and does not increase.

I don't really care if a guy has 4 or 5 (I'll use them if they're there, but I don't need them). I just think its absolutely ridiculous that an outfield player winds up without the ability to even do a feint.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:21 AM   #7
Rookie

madmax17's Arena

OVR: 6

I consider the 'skill move one star' a bug, no way any midfielder should have a one star, unless he is dmf, or Brazilian on ANY position, now I've got a bunch of useless midfielders and it's starting to piss me of.

At any point it should be tied to the dribling rating, the higher it is the more stars you have.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:47 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax17
I consider the 'skill move one star' a bug, no way any midfielder should have a one star, unless he is dmf, or Brazilian on ANY position, now I've got a bunch of useless midfielders and it's starting to piss me of.

At any point it should be tied to the dribling rating, the higher it is the more stars you have.
Sorry, but that makes way too much sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »