Home

how to beat legendary difficulty on fifa 12

This is a discussion on how to beat legendary difficulty on fifa 12 within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2011, 09:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
HOW TO BEAT LEGENDARY DIFF. ON FIFA 12

backstory: after 30 or so games i beat barcelona 3-0 ... to prove it werent a fluke i started a campaign with chelsea and ive won all games and had 1 draw

DONT TACKLE!!!!! - quit playing with the intention to win the ball in midfield you wont get it...if you concentrate youll realise that the oppurtunities to tackle are very obvious just jockey until they get the ball in the box then theyll start taking stupid risks to score

MANUAL JOCKEYING - dont use the auto one, it isnt responsive enough...also you need to realise that without this they would dribble right through the middle and shoot, its alot more useful than it looks, jockey the whole way to the box. This for some reason puts your offbal players in a better defensive position to make blocks and tackles.

TAKE YOUR TIME- constantly play one twos and make offball runs but never play it back until your 100% sure itll get there, they dont let up at this level so u need to make sure you keep the ball to create an attack, learn how to precision dribble and pass in tights spaces

THE COMEBACK- after you score,45th minute and 90th minutes if you are ahead or level at this time the AI goes into God mode to score. DEFEND FOR YOUR LIFE

LONG BALLS - i had a game where messi won 6 headers against Vidic, the goal kick isn,t a punt its a finely tuned cross...never switch off on air balls, on legendary they they can win any sort of header with any player

DONT FOLLOW EVERYTHING- following the ball splits open ur team ...know your opponent dont sprint to the wing against barcelona with your fullback, because they never cross unless fully open. instead cut off any outlets

IF YOU DONT SHOOT YOU DONT SCORE- at first i was playing for a perfect placed shot, then i looked at the match stats and noticed i had 2 shots in total whilst they had 18. if open within 25 yards take a shot.the retarted goalkeepers most likely rebound it to your players or give u a corner. also use manual shooting because it gives u more control over your shot the assisted one pushes your shots to the middle more

TRACK BACK- this game isnt as tactical as it tries to be its simply a numbers game defensively. succesful through balls only happen because your defenders leave assignments to defend someone whos open. They are open because you missed a tackle or your behind them etc. To stop tthis track back with every player but the striker....when defending all your players should be behind the ball/halfway line

Last edited by kaymagic91; 12-19-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2011, 11:58 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: how to beat legendary difficulty on fifa 12

The Manual Jockeying paragraph is some of the best advice I have seen concerning defending.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:36 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: how to beat legendary difficulty on fifa 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaymagic91
THE COMEBACK- after you score,45th minute and 90th minutes if you are ahead or level at this time the AI goes into God mode to score. DEFEND FOR YOUR LIFE
Ha-ha! Yes, the staple of every FIFA game -- CPU god mode. Your advice about defending for your life in those situations is a bit like telling someone that to catch a cheetah, all you have to do is outrun it, heh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »