Home

please help

This is a discussion on please help within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
please help

Hello fellow fifa fans. As of late I've been on a massive slump. I'm losing game after game after game. Mind you that most of these games are against Barcelona and Madrid. It's hard to play against those teams and win most of the time. I've tried to avoid playing them as much as I can. However, that doesn't work because 98% of the users online play with those teams.

I've tried changing my tactics. I like to play attacking football. In most of my games I dominate possesion. My problem is creating chances. I'm not a very good crosser. As of late I've tried to cross the ball into the box more. I'm getting a little better but still not effective. Normally I'm good defensively. My defense has been garbage lately. My last 3 games it's improved a bit. I've changed my tactics to crowd the box as much as possible. I'm vulnerable to headers but that's always been my weakness. Those won't kill me often.

I'd just like some tips from my fellow fifa fans on how to improve my offense. I just don't know what else I can do to try and get out of this slump. I mainly play with the Netherlands. I use a 3-4-1-2.

RCB-van der Wiel
CB- Heitinga
LCB- Mathijsen
RM- Afellay
RCM- Kuyt
LCM- van der Vaart
LM- Robben
CAM- Sneijder
RS- Huntelaar
LS- van Persie
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: please help

I forgot to add that I've been thinking about putting De Jong in on defense to help.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:03 PM   #3
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

its about how you attack. those teams have so much speed defensively, so you have to create chances outside of the box. use your 1-2 passing if they are pressing. even if they dont press, it still gives you room to dribble. try using different teams or formations. if you can match or beat their speed, then just keep possession wait for a mistake. if you can spread their line out and feed rvp the ball between the cb's, then you should be able to score at will.

against barca i like using 4-2-2 , build from the wings, it spreads them out so much and opens the middle for runs. its not unbeatable because passing distances can be long and you are proned to counter attacks. so you have to be very careful in the build up.

edit:
your 3-4-1-2 is extremely vulnerable to counter attacks if you cant control the mid. you have great midfield players so i dont think you really need a wingback formation or even two strikers imo.

Last edited by eyeamg0dly; 06-14-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:09 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

Playing four back is almost a necessity given the offense-oriented game programming in FIFA. I have one formation I use with five backs for those times the CPU goes attack crazy. And personally, I don't think it's a matter of personnel, you simply need to play ultra-conservative when defending.

As for creating chances, slider tweaks can help open up the CPU D to a degree if that's of any interest to you. And for me, crossing is simple as pie. I use manual everything and find crosses to be almost too deadly.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:46 PM   #5
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14

Don't be afraid to man mark either. I usually find myself to be a more defensive minded manager for whatever reason, and there's no shame in playing purely to stifle opponents. People who pick Barca/Madrid usually pick them because of Messi/Ronaldo, and in my experience, if you take away the star player, your opponent might not know how else to use the team, which is when they start to force it and make mistakes, enabling you to hit them on the counter etc.
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #6
Efficiency = Joy

NaturalSelected's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK0wnag3
Don't be afraid to man mark either. I usually find myself to be a more defensive minded manager for whatever reason, and there's no shame in playing purely to stifle opponents. People who pick Barca/Madrid usually pick them because of Messi/Ronaldo, and in my experience, if you take away the star player, your opponent might not know how else to use the team, which is when they start to force it and make mistakes, enabling you to hit them on the counter etc.
This...I've been using man marking lately and this works very well, try it against the big teams with a star.
Boston Celtics

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »