Home

Buy '12 or wait for '13

This is a discussion on Buy '12 or wait for '13 within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2012, 08:53 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Buy '12 or wait for '13

Hey man, I just signed up so I could answer, I picked up '12, I haven't played FIFA since the ps2 days. It's a blast, once you tool around with the sliders and get used to the controls, you'll be ready for '13. Also, I'd suggest getting the uefa add-on, I'm really enjoying both.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:01 PM   #10

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I enjoyed my time with FIFA 12 (Got ~3.5 seasons in with Monaco) but if you're primarily interested in a "Be a Pro" type mode try PES 2012. It's "Be A Legend" blows FIFA's out of the water if for anything, the fact that you can represent your country in the WC, Euros, Copa America, etc...

I'm currently in WCF with my created Chilean AMF and just inked a move to AC Milan from Tottenham.
IMO BAL in PES 2012 is one of the best game modes in any sport game. Also no updates to your to your thread.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #11
Rookie

richie923's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeptikal
I've got the same question.

With NCAA 13 looking like another failure I need a new sports game to play. I haven't owned a FIFA game since around 2004 and know very little about the sport so is 12 a good game for a new player to get into or am I better off waiting for whatever improvements they have made for 13?
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I might get FIFA 12 instead of the newer NCAA 13, which is sad. I held out on getting the new NCAA because they lacked the 2 Bar Revo Speed (turned out to be a blessing in disguise) but it looks like that it's getting mediocre reviews and I didn't waste my money.

I play FIFA 12 at my buddies every so often and enjoy it.

Should I buy it new or get a used version? The used version won't have the online code right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2012, 05:29 PM   #12
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie923
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I might get FIFA 12 instead of the newer NCAA 13, which is sad. I held out on getting the new NCAA because they lacked the 2 Bar Revo Speed (turned out to be a blessing in disguise) but it looks like that it's getting mediocre reviews and I didn't waste my money.

I play FIFA 12 at my buddies every so often and enjoy it.

Should I buy it new or get a used version? The used version won't have the online code right?
Yes , but you can get online code separately for few bucks
Old 07-15-2012, 08:20 AM   #13
Rookie

user_pick's Arena

Hey everybody,

Thanks for all the input. I ended up getting '12 a few days ago and played my first session last night. I definitely have a long way to go but it is a fun game. Hopefully I'll get the hang of career mode soon.

Thanks again,

user
Old 07-16-2012, 08:43 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_pick
Hey everybody,

Thanks for all the input. I ended up getting '12 a few days ago and played my first session last night. I definitely have a long way to go but it is a fun game. Hopefully I'll get the hang of career mode soon.

Thanks again,

user
Took me a few hours to figure out the Career Mode (being a newbie myself). I'll probably end up getting '13 just to experience the full run of the game as I got '12 pretty late.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:05 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Gave my copy of 12 to my son and he was in town the past 2 weeks and we played this pretty much all day sat. I need to pick this up again.

Anyone know of any deals out for 12??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2012, 08:10 PM   #16
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I'm so glad that EA started up their Season Ticket program. I enjoyed Fifa 12 for the time that I played it, but I want to see what type of improvements have been made before I commit to purchasing 13. I don't really follow soccer, so new rosters aren't as big of a deal to me as they are in other sports.

I can't wait for the World Cup to come back around though because I really had fun with 2010.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »