Home

How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

This is a discussion on How's your FIFA 13 career mode going? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2012, 08:57 PM   #217
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadon
Thanks for the reply. If I am coaching a team in the Australian league, will a team in Europe offer me a job or is it only within the same league?

I'm about halfway through my first season in my first FIFA game and think the game is awesome.

You can receive offers from any league in the world.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:51 PM   #218
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20
Can someone help me with this. I just won the English Premier League title AND the Euro cup with Manchester city. I decided its to easy with their money and want to take on a lower team now and build them up. I applied at a team (I forgot the name and my systems off) who's primary goal was to avoid relegation. They said I wasn't qualified enough.....

Is it my birth place or something? All I remember was it was a Spanish league team.

EDIT -

Ok so 4 teams rejected me. I ended up winning the Manager of the Year award, EPL title and the Euro Cup. Everyone said i wasn't qualified enough to be their manager.

I got a ton of money (even more than Man City already has anyways) and decided what the hell, I'm going to build a super team. I had 178 million to spend this offseason.

Out: Mario Balotelli (80 million), I really didn't want to sell him but the return was well worth it and so were the replacements.

Phillip Lahm (20 million)
Aleksander Kolarov (8 million)
Couple other lower rated players, got around 2 million a piece or so.

IN:

Messi (136 million)
Cristiano Ronaldo (97 million)

I play a 4-2-4, how is this for forwards?

Ronaldo-Messi-Aguero-Hazard with Sinclair, Altidore and Oxlade-Chamblerlain on the bench.

I want to play Sinclair, he was a monster for me, so Im trying to sell Aguero, I have him transfer listed.

Last edited by franch1se; 10-27-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #219
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

I currently have 2 career managerial modes going. One is with Hannover 96 and with a created team, SK.

Hannover is just a sim league, and so far I'm 14-3-5 and in 3 place in the Bundesliga. Tied for second in the Euro League so didn't make it out of the group stage. And I lead in my group in the Domestic Cup.

I got a job offer from Chelsea but I stalled it, and I got an offer to manage the Russian national team. I accepted. First game is against England and I will play that one.

Also, I've trying an expirement with my 96 squad. I put everybody up for sale! Seeing what I can get for my players and so far all my young reserves and 3 starters were all sold. I made about $30 million with my fire sale. And I still kept my job and working my way up.

As for my imported team, SK S.C., I play in the La Liga BBVA and I play every game. I'm in the Spanish Cup final against Barcelona and in the Round of 16 in the Champions Cup. I'm not sure of my record but I only have 4 draws and 5 loses in the liga. As for my squad, a lot of it is created players, and different personnel from Rest of the World rosters.

I noticed I have not received no job offers or international jobs either? My guess is because it's a created team and CPU is against that or because I haven't proven nothing yet with a first year squad.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:31 AM   #220
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm playing career mode be a player and I'm currently with PSG. Im almost at the transfer window and handed in a request to be transferred and was hoping to get an offer from Arsenal. Does anybody know how you get an offer from a bigger name team like Arsenal?

Also has anybody else experienced the problem when you transfer to a team and you go to edit your player and it tells you that the teams roster is full and you've been added to the free agent list?
Old 10-28-2012, 06:38 AM   #221
Just started!

OVR: 0

My Fifa 13 Career has been absolutely sublime so far. Amazing ! I've bought players with the likes of Gotze , Neymar , Nastasic , Cavani , Jovetic , Hummels , Mbaye , Walker , Shaqiiri , Neymar , Ox Chambo , Merkel and more ! I'm on Chelsea btw. You guys are probably wondering how on earth on I got these players. Well , I sold Mata for £50mil and rebought him for half of that amount. I've sold Terry , Lampard , Sturridge , Moses , Torres and many more since. The other day , I did receive an offer for Gotze for £80mil but that offer didn't go through cause of some saving issues. But anyway , Hazards market value has gone up to a staggering £70mil. And I sold Nastasic the other day for £37mil and Witsel for £35mil. Here my starting 11 :- Courtois - Walker , Hummels , Luiz , Mbaye - Hazard , Wilshere , Oscar , Neymar - Cavani. I've got myself loads of talent on the bench and NO I used no cheats. CHEERS (:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #222
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14

Feeling like I've really turned a corner with Bristol City. My defence is still playing water-tight, and I've finally started scoring. With the goals being spread around the team (Albert Adomah is top scorer with three, then there are around 5 others on 2), the mood in the camp is good.

After an unbeaten December that saw us complete the double over arch-enemies Cardiff city, aswell as victories over Watford and Crystal Palace and a hard fought draw away to 2nd place Wolves, we have started to climb away from the relegation zone and into the sweet anonymity of mid table mediocrity, the sort that should be enough to keep me in a job.

With the opening of the January window, I've been working the phones in an attempt to strengthen my side, and further advance the UK0wnag3 revolution. Having already brought in Curtis Good on loan from Newcastle for extra defensive cover, I'm also in talks to bring in defensive midfielder Mikele Leigertwood from Reading, and Portsmouth striker Izale McLeod. As for the Ashton Gate exit door, striker Ryan Taylor wants out, and is likely to get it, as was Marvin Elliott, my midfield general who I sweetalked into committing his future to Bristol City, though I'm not sure if my words or the £2000 raise in his new deal helped most.

On a personal note, after turning down various international jobs, I finally accepted an offer from Ecuador. I had vowed not to take an international job until things were right at the club level. But now, as we enter a second half of the season where my club are unlikely to be fighting for promotion or against relegation, it finally felt right to take what will hopefully be my only international job before one day being offered the chance to take over the poisoned chalice that is my beloved Englad.

Until next time, over and out.

P.S. I seem to have fallen in love with FIFA again.
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Old 10-28-2012, 09:42 PM   #223
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Still in 7th place at 9W 10D 13L. Tied in points with Toronto FC with 37 and trailing Sporting KC for the final playoff spot by 4 points.

The board sold Lindpere to West Ham for $600K.

Thierry Henry leads the MLS with 18 goals and 12 assists.

Just lost my GK in practice for 5 weeks.

I accepted the Ecuador national team manager job. My first match is against England
Finished Season 1 with the NY Red Bulls with a record of 11W 10D 13L which was only good enough for 43 points and 6th place in the Eastern Conference. I missed the MLS playoffs (5th place) by 1 point.

DC United who was 3rd in the East and had only 13 wins on the year upset Real Salt Lake to win the MLS Cup. RSL had 27 wins going into the playoffs.

Thierry Henry won the Golden Boot award as he led the MLS with 19 goals. He was also tied for the MLS lead with 10 assists (not sure why I wrote 12 before).

My goal after the season was to try an acquire a speedy, high acceleration Striker and shore up my defense. I had 10 players with expiring contracts but only tried to keep one of them. I kind of low-balled my RB Miller (67 OVR) and he cut off negotiations with me.

Also, looks like I will not be qualifying for the World Cup. The Ecuador national team that I agreed to manage was in second to last place of my group table. I did manage to defeat England 3-2 Ina friendly.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #224
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm currently in 2nd place as Sounders FC in the first season, with the transfer window having just opened. I sit on 38 points, 2nd in total goals but conceding far too many.

AC Milan came in with a 5M pound offer for Montero, I countered with 10.5M (figuring they wouldn't accept!) and they accepted straight away. So now I'm without my best striker, and I also sold CM Christian Tiffert for 3M pounds. The bottom line is I now have 12M pounds to spend on replacements.

I need an upgrade at both Fullback positions, a backup CDM, an all purpose CM (more offensive type skills) and a Striker to replace Montero, who was near the top of the MLS goal scoring charts.

Any suggestions for players for me to target in Seattle?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »