Home

FIFA Soccer 13 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 13 Review (360/PS3) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #25
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5
wats up with the no player-manager mode? so can you no longer have your pro built up thru playing a career with a team where u control it all including the choice to play with all the players or just ur pro? im confused. if they took that out id be kinda salty cuz thats majority of what i played. if it can still be done under manager mode that whatever...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2012, 01:45 PM   #26
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: FIFA Soccer 13 Review (360/PS3)

I love the game and likely would have given it a 9, but it was a fair review. Spot-on calls about the lack of AI defense. This has cost me points in UT for sure and I've been frustrated as a result

Having said that, I am having a ton of fun and haven't even touched the career mode yet UT is taking up waaaay too much of my time
Old 09-30-2012, 01:43 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMurda
wats up with the no player-manager mode? so can you no longer have your pro built up thru playing a career with a team where u control it all including the choice to play with all the players or just ur pro? im confused. if they took that out id be kinda salty cuz thats majority of what i played. if it can still be done under manager mode that whatever...
In player mode you can control your whole team during matches.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:45 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2
I've also found that adjusting your ai slider with marking helps a lot with the opposing team getting wide open headers on nearly every cross.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:15 AM   #29
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Having a really good time with FIFA so far, but at this point I'm dying to give the retail PES a whirl, for ****s n' gigs if nothing else. I was a little disappointed in the demo, which I found a tad clunky and unresponsive compared to FIFA. However, I've youtubed some "True Brits" videos of the retail version (excellent viewing by the way, I highly recommend) and it looks like a much more polished and smooth running game. And the CPU definitely plays a more realistic game on PES, with better team diversity and a wider variety of goals from what I've seen. I'm not much of an online player (lag really frustrates me) so I need the CPU to be fun to play against.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #30
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: FIFA Soccer 13 Review (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic24017
I've also found that adjusting your ai slider with marking helps a lot with the opposing team getting wide open headers on nearly every cross.
That helps somewhat, but the defense is still poor. They just ignore the fact that speedy strikers are getting runs on them. It doesn't even matter if you set them to play conservatively (not using the offside trap, etc). They still stand around and react too slowly. You also have to mash the pressure button to get them to put enough pressure on the other team when they are in scoring position.

In career mode (player only) my midfielder has a horrible time because I not only have to create offense, but I have to cover the back line as well because if I leave the AI alone they give up far too many through balls and clean breaks. When you can't switch players, the terrible AI really stands out.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:04 PM   #31
Rookie

Rebsat's Arena

OVR: 3
I'm a PES fanboys, but I just wanna say that this year PES 2013 is definately made me crazy coz I was waiting for this game for ages, I really dissapointed when I played it, there was no real Pass Error just like FIFA 12, 13 so you can loose possession sometimes also the Goalkeeper reaction was still so crappy even so arcady and too unreal, finally there was no Shooting Error just like FIFA 12, 13, there were many many negative points that I couldn't remember to mention it here but however FIFA 13 is not like PES 2013, it absolutely gave me the real soccer experience on my Xbox 360, so this year like previous year I'll be continue with playing FIFA and I'll temporarily hold my career as a PES fanboys and proudly converting to FIFA fanboys but I'll still be PES addict and wish that Konami by using FOX engine will get me back to PES fanboys like old days, and so sorry for my English...

FIFA 13 - 9.5/10
PES 2013 - 8/10

best regards, Rebsat
Iraq

Last edited by Rebsat; 10-03-2012 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Editting
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #32
Just started!

OVR: 0
I was excited as soon as EA announced the newest installment of the FIFA series: FIFA 13. As a long time fan of the FIFA games (since FIFA 98) I was excited to see what changes they would make this year to the game play. EA sports decided to take FIFA 12 and tweak it. The game play has become more and more realistic and it all helps to bring you into the game. Each game mode by its self can take hours away from you and the whole game is so addicting its like a time stealing vortex. And all of the great features made me want to give FIFA 13 five stars. Or a million. But it isn't perfect. There are glitches everywhere. One time the ball disappeared and I had to play with an invisible ball for a few matches till I found out how to fix it. Every once in a while the announcers, which add such great wit and background to each game, says something completely wrong. Something as big as my team scoring will be commentated as the other team scoring. These few glitches are annoying but luckily few and I hope in the continuing franchise they will smooth more of them out. *
FIFA 13: 4 1/2 out of 5

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »