Home

How are you liking Fifa 13 Multiplayer?

This is a discussion on How are you liking Fifa 13 Multiplayer? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
How are you liking Fifa 13 Multiplayer?

So far I've been seeing a heavy dose of single-player reviews (i.e. Sliders, difficulty settings, season-mode, transfers, etc), and barely any MP reviews. That makes sense, OS has always been a 'single-player' community - and most discussions will naturally veer there.

But let's start a thread where you can only talk about MP.

How are you liking MP? Are you seeing any new strategies that you never saw in Fifa 12? Did you find any new formations that work particularly well against humans? Any opinions would be interesting to read.

Last edited by Nab_Impervious_XII; 09-28-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #2
Rookie

Chronic Narnia's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How are you liking Fifa 13 Multiplayer?

I've gone to play twice tonight and i started a game online and it never loads.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:12 AM   #3
Banned

first time i'm playing online. i miss the sliders, default gameplay is on crack, wtf! but h2h is certainly addictive and it's a thrill that offline gaming just doesn't deliver to me. i'm a convert.

but connecting isn't always easy in this buggy mess, and way too many times i get massive lag during the entire match (and massive disadvantage ldo).

i like having ball possession in midfield and trying to find space through patient build-up. i play mostly with atlético mineiro, and its real life narrowish 4-2-3-1 suits my style very well.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:14 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronic Narnia
I've gone to play twice tonight and i started a game online and it never loads.
some times i get stuck at the arena when loading to an online match. the only solution is to reset the game. you get no penalty if you disconnect under this circumstance.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:17 AM   #5
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11

Slight freezing and crashing when changing formations and squad tactics (on the PS3). Apart from that, loving it, literally under 5 seconds to find a game and lag is moderately low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonira
some times i get stuck at the arena when loading to an online match. the only solution is to reset the game. you get no penalty if you disconnect under this circumstance.
And that, annoying!

But once you get in to a game its awesome but the competition online this year is brutal, I have yet to win!

Last edited by ps3veron; 09-29-2012 at 05:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2012, 05:41 AM   #6
MVP

rawdog805's Arena

OVR: 21
I love playing online, as I did this exclusively with Fifa12. But EA screwed something up with the online portion of the game as it takes way to long to get a connection to someone. It will connect and then immediately disconnect, or connect and go to the arena and then to the intro sequence and then lose connection. The worst of all is when it goes to the arena and then gets stuck.

I found a sort of workaround for the arena freezing issue. If you don't touch any buttons or the directional sticks while in the arena you will not get stuck. I've been doing this for a few days now and haven't had any problems with arena since.

XBox One GT: rawdog805

Twitch: dufflebag_ran

Steam: rawdog805
Old 10-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #7
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

I played five or six games against friends using manual controls on slow game speed. For the most part, they've been great fun. Even without the slider adjustments I need to enjoy offline gameplay, the combination of slow/manual and human input makes for a very good game. I've been pleasantly surprised by how much different teams & tactics impact the match.

Last edited by Qb; 10-01-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:47 AM   #8
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3veron
Slight freezing and crashing when changing formations and squad tactics (on the PS3). Apart from that, loving it, literally under 5 seconds to find a game and lag is moderately low.

And that, annoying!

But once you get in to a game its awesome but the competition online this year is brutal, I have yet to win!
I prefer the online friendlies...plus it tracks stats/games vs your friends list. My only problem is I have 3-4 friends who play FIFA lol. As you said the competition is fierce...total (online frendlies, seasons, interactive wc...) I'm now sitting at 1-0-7 lol. BUT 1-0-1 in my last 2 games...I'm on the upswing!

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »