Home

Striker Form and how to preserve it

This is a discussion on Striker Form and how to preserve it within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Striker Form and how to preserve it

It's making me angry again.

Just like in 12, as a Striker, I could score 5 goals in a game (scored 4 in an MLS Cup Quarterfinal) and still end the game with a form of barely 6.5. You'd think someone scoring that many goals, especially when it's their job, would rate a higher form.

What am I doing wrong? When we're on defense, I'm holding L1/LB so I'm in the "right" position, but it's docking me points for it. That's the biggest thing. I'm pretty good on offense, but when the other team has the ball, that's when I lose tons of points. Even when moving down field with my team to set up an attack, I'm losing points.

Because of this, I was actually benched for 6 matches because my form rating in that game (which we won and I scored a goal) was 5.8.

What am I missing??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Striker Form and how to preserve it

You should be passing around more and helping out of defense
Old 10-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #3
Rookie

Spamming standing tackles seems to be the biggest thing overlooked in form. Even as a striker you lose a lot for missing a tackle, and a lot of people like to spam standing tackles "just in case"
Old 10-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #4
Rookie

How close to the box should you play then? Anytime I get around the 1/3-2/3 of the field mark, those chevrons come up telling me to go back - and when I go back, I'm getting docked points.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:23 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 16

Im pretty much running anywhere from the goal to mid all the time

i usually get around a 8.3 to 9.4 rating
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2012, 01:58 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Make sure you're not pressing A and B buttons (XBOX360) constantly, as it will kill your rating - especially if you're not near the ballcarrier.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CybrSlydr
It's making me angry again.

Just like in 12, as a Striker, I could score 5 goals in a game (scored 4 in an MLS Cup Quarterfinal) and still end the game with a form of barely 6.5. You'd think someone scoring that many goals, especially when it's their job, would rate a higher form.
I just can't see how it's possible to score 4 goals and end with a 6.5 rating unless you are doing something horribly wrong (pressing the tackle button offsides for the entire game). Are you possibly exaggerating? Did a single striker really score 4 goals and end with a 6.5 rating, or did your team score 4 goals and end with that rating? I certainly see it as a possibility if it's the latter, in which case I would take a look at the post match game and check your passing/tackling/shooting completion percentages. If it's the former, then I can't explain it other then something is seriously broken.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nas7ybuttler
I just can't see how it's possible to score 4 goals and end with a 6.5 rating unless you are doing something horribly wrong (pressing the tackle button offsides for the entire game). Are you possibly exaggerating? Did a single striker really score 4 goals and end with a 6.5 rating, or did your team score 4 goals and end with that rating? I certainly see it as a possibility if it's the latter, in which case I would take a look at the post match game and check your passing/tackling/shooting completion percentages. If it's the former, then I can't explain it other then something is seriously broken.
Nope, I, meaning my VP, scored 4 goals and I ended the game with a 6.5 form rating.

In my 12 apperances for the Columbus Crew this season (I'm now loaned to Chateauroux), we've gone 8-1-3. I have 19 goals and 3 assists and 3 yellow cards. My average rating is 6.0.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »