Home

Official FIFA 13 Custom Team Tactics (AI) Thread

This is a discussion on Official FIFA 13 Custom Team Tactics (AI) Thread within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2012, 09:16 PM   #1
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Official FIFA 13 Custom Team Tactics (AI) Thread

FIFA 12 thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...cs-thread.html

These are custom team tactics for the AI, not the user. These are meant for the AI so they play realistically against you. Not for humans looking for advantages against players or the computer.

So, this was started last year, and it looks like I'll continue this year. So far, the tactics seem to work better this year than last year. Possession teams play more possession, and long ball teams hit it longer even more often. Overall, the games seems to just play better.

While it's tedious to enter these into your game, it's worth it. It changes how things feel, and with all the different combinations, you'll really notice teams playing differently.

I highly recommend these with manual settings, sliders and on the "slow" speed setting. I feel all of those are crucial to making the game as realistic as possible.

If you have any questions, or suggestions, please share. These are not perfect, and not every single team is spot on at all. The main key is getting rid of default tactics, as they're pretty dreadful.

The current spreadsheet is the same from last year, except with the EPL updated for this season. More updates to come.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIFA 13 Realism Project Spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...3lOQ0g3QTA1eVE

10/04/12: 12/13 EPL tactics and formations updated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #2
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official FIFA 13 Custom Team Tactics (AI) Thread

I would absolutely love to try this out, as your CTTs from last game were amazing, however I have a question.

Have you experienced, or heard, of people having the same game-freezing issues as last years game? Messing with the custom tactics on too many teams in last years game would cause all sorts of problems for a lot of people. Personally I actually had to delete all fifa 12 files go back to default starting completely over.

Last year it seemed like making custom tactics for just your team that you were playing was fine but beyond that it was a gamble. I guess the only way to find out is try it right?

Side question: do you leave these tactics on when you yourself play as one of the teams?

P.S. You and the people who helped you out with the spreadsheet are seriously awesome, it's like night and day the difference in the way the game plays. Kind of makes me mad that a bunch of dudes on a forum can make the game perfect just by messing with sliders but EA can't lol.

Anyways, thank you.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #3
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
I would absolutely love to try this out, as your CTTs from last game were amazing, however I have a question.

Have you experienced, or heard, of people having the same game-freezing issues as last years game? Messing with the custom tactics on too many teams in last years game would cause all sorts of problems for a lot of people. Personally I actually had to delete all fifa 12 files go back to default starting completely over.

Last year it seemed like making custom tactics for just your team that you were playing was fine but beyond that it was a gamble. I guess the only way to find out is try it right?

Side question: do you leave these tactics on when you yourself play as one of the teams?

P.S. You and the people who helped you out with the spreadsheet are seriously awesome, it's like night and day the difference in the way the game plays. Kind of makes me mad that a bunch of dudes on a forum can make the game perfect just by messing with sliders but EA can't lol.

Anyways, thank you.
I didn't experience any freezing last year, however, the most custom tactics I ever had in the game at one point were all of England, 1. Bundesliga, Ligue 1 and La Liga. Possibly a bit more.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:00 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I used these last year and am using them this year as well, it really REALLY changes the entire game when you get everything up and running with manual controls and a good slider set (I'm using Orion's).

I also want to add I also never experienced any freezing last year or this year, last year I had BPL, Serie A, Ligue 1, Bundesliga and La Liga all done along with nPower and about 20 Russian/Portugese/Dutch teams also, so ~150 teams give or take. This year I've got the same things done but I haven't done the formations yet.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:21 PM   #5
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Something that I was insanely surprised and happy about is that all tactics and formations are tied to your user, so when I started up the game, I already had all tactics and formations in. Just had to reassign.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2012, 12:35 AM   #6
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23
Part of me wants to restart my career because of these, but im 4th in the league and 1st in my CL group lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-05-2012, 03:47 AM   #7

Bruins's Arena

OVR: 29

Can we rename formations?

I started with Arsenal, and used the 4-2-3-1 as a base to add your edits to. But when I saved it, it's calling it a 4-5-1 now. Feel like this could get confusing if I can't rename them.

Also, it looks like there's 28 formations (which makes sense with the cap at 28), but there are a lot more teams with different tactic settings... do we enter these in a match, since we can only save 28 of those as well?

Last edited by Bruins; 10-05-2012 at 03:59 AM.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #8
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
Can we rename formations?

I started with Arsenal, and used the 4-2-3-1 as a base to add your edits to. But when I saved it, it's calling it a 4-5-1 now. Feel like this could get confusing if I can't rename them.

Also, it looks like there's 28 formations (which makes sense with the cap at 28), but there are a lot more teams with different tactic settings... do we enter these in a match, since we can only save 28 of those as well?
As of now there are only 19 different custom tactics, so you can apply those in the same way you do formations. If you're starting from the top of the EPL and enter Arsenal's, and then save, it'll save as "Custom 1 Arsenal".

So, to then apply that same tactic to other teams, when you go to their custom team tactic screen, just hit "A" or "X"(PS3) right away to select from previously saved tactics. Then scroll down and apply as you wish.

Hopefully that made sense, and is what you were asking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »