Home

Career Mode Pros and cons?

This is a discussion on Career Mode Pros and cons? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2012, 11:55 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Career Mode Pros and cons?

Everyone seems to be having a blast with career mode. I plan on controlling all my players (not be a pro) I wanted to know the pros and cons of playing career as just the players vs. as players/manager?

Thanks,

Scott
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2012, 11:43 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Career Mode Pros and cons?

With manager career mode you have to deal with players whining about not enough play time, not enough money, not being hugged enough, etc. To me it can get irritating.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:39 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 1

Good point. But is the downside of not managing the fact that you have to control the same team every season?
Old 10-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #4
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood88
Good point. But is the downside of not managing the fact that you have to control the same team every season?
No, as a player you can get loaned out/ transferred.
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Old 10-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #5
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

The downside to not being manager is you have no control over transfers, youth squad, subs, formations etc.

Though I think maybe if you do player career and become captain you get a say in subs/formations? Not sure on that one, player career has never interested me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2012, 10:12 PM   #6
Banned

i see not having to deal with transfers/formations/hugging players as a pro instead of a con tbh. the management side of the game bores me, but i'm aware it's the most important aspect for some.

i never played a be a pro campaign, but i played 5 or 6 seasons of become a legend in pes 2010 until i was a real madrid superstar (cristiano ronaldo was my reserve haha) and i had a blast.

the biggest pros of playing as a lone player imo are:

- balanced/realistic results. it's kinda hard to find a difficulty setting where you're not always crushed neither always crushing when you control all the 10 players. at bap you're only one player more in the squad and you'll never win the champions league with a low-tier team or be relegated playing with barça, which is realistic and makes your overall interest in the game last more.

- the sense of achievement when you score a goal or make a great assist is WAY bigger.

the biggest cons:

- it may be boring to just watch the ball go side to side without touching on it 90% of the time.

- overall consensus is that pes' become a legend is superior to fifa's bap

Last edited by Gonira; 10-23-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:16 PM   #7
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Yeah I think it's just personal preference.

For me the whole transfer market and building a new squad is just as fun as the actual game, though I would never go so far as to play like an FM game or anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »