Home

Questions/Strategies for Online Play

This is a discussion on Questions/Strategies for Online Play within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2012, 11:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Questions/Strategies for Online Play

I just started playing online this year, mainly through FUT. I am doing OK I think - up to division 2 in seasons and have a winning record there so far. My team is an 81 with 100 chemistry - mainly Brazilians with some Germans (Reus, Diego, Muller) thrown in. I would say my team is pretty pacey overall, but I don't play like it for some reason.

When I play against people online, my pace doesn't seem to matter. I'm push the sprint button as hard as I can hoping that it will miraculously allow me to keep pace with players that I know are at best equal to the pace of my player and most likely slower than my player but I still can't run past them. Meanwhile, it seems like every opponent I play against can send every defender right at me while at the same time has all of his guys back on D so getting through the defense is hard. Am I missing something with the speed burst? Maybe my team just isn't as fast as I thought. My front five all average between 84-92 pace.

Also, Is there a trick for getting tackles in online play? I usually play a conservative counter-attack strategy because that's all that works for me against most online players. However, even when I do go to "high pressure", my guys are not reacting the same way the other teams guys are against me (constant, in your face pressure). I have learned to deal with that pressure against me most of the time, but it just seems like my opponents always get an inordinate amount of tackles whereas my team can't. It's not like I am missing tackles either - my guys just aren't pressuring or near them enough to even try to tackle. Again, my speed burst doesn't even seem to matter.

I don't know if I described this well enough to make sense, but I just feel like I am missing some secret (while at the same time obvious to everyone else) strategy that would allow me to play like other online players do. I would like to be able to pressure the same way my opponents do against me but speed bursts and high pressure settings don't seem to do anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Questions/Strategies for Online Play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4Sw_LCqH_I

he does a good job explaining how to use each button for defending. what you are facing online are people using contain button and calling a teammate over to help contain. when you contain you will also take the ball away if they try to sprint past you, as long as you have the angle that is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »