Home

Question about Potential

This is a discussion on Question about Potential within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2012, 09:26 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Question about Potential

Im new to Fifa and was wondering where can i find a players potential? When im looking to buy a guy and cant find out what his potential is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Question about Potential

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack22
Im new to Fifa and was wondering where can i find a players potential? When im looking to buy a guy and cant find out what his potential is.
I don't know about everyone else, but I usually plug the player's name in here to find out (bottom).
Old 11-14-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

nice. Thanks for this
Old 11-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

You can also get a clue to what a player's potential is by going to the squad report screen. I believe the following is correct (or very close).

If there status is "showing great potential" that means they have 81-85 potential. An "exciting prospect" means they have 86-90 potential. 91+ is "Potential to be special".

(FYI - "have that special something" is another status but that does not have anything to do with potential, it means they have the flair trait)

Also, I believe player's potential can change if you play them a ton and they do well, or if they get injured or something (although I've personally never seen it happen in my career).
Old 11-17-2012, 09:10 PM   #5
Rookie

T.O.'s Arena

OVR: 5

The potential you see on websites isn't always right. I bought Falcao and after only half a season he's already at level 91 instead of 90. And I once had an Eden Hazard who was at 92 already in the beginning of the second season. So it really depends on how you play them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2012, 11:23 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah the potential values you find on online databases should only be used as a guideline. In general, the more you play someone, the higher chance their rating will exceed their "potential", I myself have encountered this numerous times. Even so, don't expect a player with 75 potential to reach 90. Someone may prove me wrong, but I'd estimate the very max you could reach with such a player is 85.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:32 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Why ruin the surprise? Dont people like to play the game for what it is and see what happens, finding a players potential seems like cheating to me.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:10 AM   #8
Rookie

T.O.'s Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanghai2
Yeah the potential values you find on online databases should only be used as a guideline. In general, the more you play someone, the higher chance their rating will exceed their "potential", I myself have encountered this numerous times. Even so, don't expect a player with 75 potential to reach 90. Someone may prove me wrong, but I'd estimate the very max you could reach with such a player is 85.
Yeah let's say the potential you see on those websites can have an error margin of about 5. I think some of those guys just did a sim of a couple of years and watched what happened. Vaclav Pilar is said to have 81 potential, but in my Hertha Berlin career he's stalling at 84 now at 25 years old.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »